Hating on School

beep. beep. beep.

Shit! I groan and try to find my alarm clock. I turn it off instantly. I nudge my sister, who is sleeping on the right of me to wake up. But she doesn't budge. I groan and push myself off the bed and walk into the washroom. A hour and a half left until I start heading to school. Now you might be thinking who wakes up that early, well- I do. I have a lot of responsibilities on my shoulders like... preparing lunch for my sister and I. I quickly rush into the shower.

After I'm taking care of my hygiene, I wake my sister up. She goes and does her own thing. What I love about her is that she doesn't need help with getting dressed. It saves me a whole lot of work. The thing is- my sister and I have adapted to this routine. Once I enter the living room to head towards the kitchen- I see my mum fast asleep on the couch. Must be a long day for her. After the incident my mum was broken and she always kept herself busy in work- to keep her mind off of things. But when she first found out from me- she was torn apart. I believe that she would have lost it, but my sister and I became her anchor.

I enter the kitchen and start to make toast and coffee. I'm a coffee addict. I love coffee without it- I feel like my day hasn't started. I hear someone enter the kitchen. I turn to see my sister all ready for school. We exchange good mornings as she takes a seat on a chair.

I put the cereal in a bowl and then pour the milk. I don't understand why this is a big issue. I always hear people asking the question-do you put cereal first or the milk. Does it really matter. Why don't they solve a real issue like Donald Trump!? I put the bowl in front of Danny and she immediately digs in. It's her favourite cereal after all. After we're done having breakfast- I grab my backpack as Danny grabs hers. I look over at Danny who is slowly walking towards mum without making a sound. I watch her intensely as she kisses mum's cheek and whispers something- which I can't hear. She then walks out the door.

Danny and I walk towards our neighbors house. We knock and wait for Mrs. Miller to open the door. The door opens to reveal a woman, she smiles brightly at Danny and me. That woman is Mrs. Miller. Danny gets a ride from Mrs. Miller- her daughter and Danny go the the same school. I smile at her and then I turn to Danny saying goodbye. She kisses my cheek.

I start to walk to school with my head phones in my ear. Listening to music always calms be down. It's just another way to express myself.

'I wear my heart on my sleeve

Don't act like that's a disease

Need y'all bear with me please

I just say what I see

We all just chasing a dream

In the land of the free

While we paying a fee

To stay on this concrete

Well, I don't know the price of your roof

But the first of the month we all pay our dues

When the rain fall it don't rain on a few

When the sun shine it don't shine just on you...'

I realized that you'll understand this song more if you take the time the listen the the lyrics carefully. Then my favourite part comes:

'... Baby, Baby

Baby, Baby

It's the same pain

When I wake

I hear the same wave

Of sirens coming down my way...'

This perfectly describes me- every morning. That I have to survive another day.