Chapter Thirteen.

Photo is of Belles dress and I also tried to include the song they danced to, if it's not working and you want to listen to it while you read. My idea was for the song to be Come away with me by Norah Jones.

 My idea was for the song to be Come away with me by Norah Jones

SATURDAY..................

Saturday morning came early to Belle and by three Jade had her in the kitchen working on her hair and make up.

"This is stupid," Belle insisted.

"You'll look beautiful, just humor me."

"I feel ridiculous."

"Well don't," Jade said sliding another bobby pin in place.

"I've never been to a dance before and I don't have anyone to go with."

"Alex will be there."

"He can't dance with me and even if he could, he probably wouldn't."

"Well all worrying is going to do is give that pretty face wrinkles, so stop it."

Belle rolled her eyes and reached for her tea, hoping a cold drink would wash away the butterflies in her stomach. She winced as another bobby pin slid across her scalp and neatly into place. To be honest, she'd never had her hair done before.

Jade stepped back and smiled brightly, fixing one or two loose curls.

"It's perfect," Jade promised.

"Except that it's on me."

"Belle, you're a beautiful girl. I know you don't see it but you are."

"But I'm not like Missy."

"Let me tell you something everyone knows a Missy, everyone has gone to school with a Missy. She's the popular, blonde, cheerleader, cookie cutter but you know what?" Jade knelt down so she could look directly at Belle.

"What?"

"That's all she's ever going to be. In ten years she'll be just some washed up nobody still clinging to who she was now, living in a trailer park, with three kids and a man who never comes home. Missy has to enjoy now because it's all she's ever going to have. It may not seem like it now but trust me, there's nothing special about Missy all she is....it's all she is."

Belle couldn't help a small smile, Jade smiled back at her before reaching out to push a piece of unruly hair from her eyes.

"Come on, let's do make up."

Jade spent two hours finishing Belles hair and perfecting her make up and by the time she pulled on her dress it was time to leave for the dance. Jade parked in front of the school and they sat for a few minutes watching other students file inside.