Chapter fourteen.

SUNDAY....................

"He told you he's in love with you?" Jade asked.

"No, he said if I was older he might be....big difference."

"Belle....he's in love with you."

"No, he's not."

Belle was sitting at the kitchen table eating her breakfast while Jade stood by the stove making eggs for Belles father.

"Who's not what?" A deep voice echoed.

"Nothing," Belle said falling silent.

Her father walked into the kitchen, casting both women stern glances as he at at the table and Jade rushed to serve him his food. Belle stared down at her plate, her appetite suddenly gone. When Jade turned away her father pinched her hard on the backside.

"Why don't I come home early from work?" He asked.

"I....uh..."

"You're my wife, you're my woman. When I say get your bony ass in that bed you do as your told," He said.

"Okay," Jade agreed glancing briefly at Belle.

Belle didn't make eye contact with her step mother, she knew her father wasn't only abusive in the apartment but in the bedroom. She'd seen the cuts, bites and bruises he left on Jade and it terrified her.

"What were you talking about when I walked in?" He asked.

"Nothing," Belle said softly.

"You messing with some boy?"

"No."

"You better not be whoring it out and getting yourself any diseases, or knocked up with some brat. Do you hear?" He demanded.

"I'm not dad."

"Do you have any plans for the day?" Jade asked, easing onto a seat to Belle's right.

"I thought I might go to the book shop."

"How nice," Jade said.

"You don't need to go to the book shop, you have plenty of books here." Her father said.

"I wanted to study, I can use their study guide and then put it back."

"Go ahead then," Jade said.

Belle stood and turning for her backpack, before she could move her fathers hand shot out catching her wrist in a painful grip.

"Do you think I'm stupid?" He asked.

"No Dad."

"George, let go!" Jade cried.

"What man did you sneak out with last night?" He asked.

"I went to a school dance."

"Don't lie to me girl," His grip tightened.

"I'm not!" Belle tore her wrist free and fled the kitchen.

She'd just reached the living room when he caught up to her, Grabbing her arm he used it to bodily throw her against the nearest wall which was lined with shelves. Her spin connected with the wood and a few nicknacks fell off. He winced but didn't move, her backpack laying on the floor a few yards away.

"George don't!" Jade yelled from a few feet away.

"You listen good girlie, while you live under my roof you live by my rules!" He yelled at Belle.