~Chapter 3~

~HERMIONE'S POV~

After Malfoy had healed my cuts we went back to our dorms for the night. But I was glad that morning came because my life changed. For better or for worse.

~TIME LAPS~

 By the time it was morning, the early sun rose and me, Harry, Ginny and Ron were all in the great hall eating breakfast, Ron more than everyone else. When Malfoy came to me a whispered something in my ear. "you okay?" "yes, thank you for that." with that he left. As I turned round Ginny was smirking, Harry had raised an eyebrow, as for Ron well he was furious. "what was that all about!" "Ron, calm down, he passed on a message from Dumbledore." I knew that did the trick with the boys as for Ginny I would have to make something else up. "right can the 6th years and below go to there classes and the seventh years stay." (Ginny is in the same year as them) "what does he want?" snapped Ron. "oh do shut up Ronald" replied Ginny.

As the sixth years and below left, the hall fell silent. "now listen up, there is a new law which effects everyone 17 to 35 years of age, in which the minister is going to tell you about."  echoed Dumbledore's voice that rang through the hall. "thank you, Dumbledore, as he said there is a law, this law is called a marriage law (cries where heard throughout the hall.) settle down, the reason why this is happening is because of an ancient law that has no loop holes in, now it going to work like this 'when we call your name you will be sorted with your soul mate' and make no mistake of this, that hat never lies, now I will give you a minute to break up with your partner."

"Harry"

"I know Ginny"

"Ron"

"ummm"

" I think we should break up."

"yeah, whatever."

"now that has been sorted lets begin with the sorting." (A/N: sorry this bit is shit)

"Hannah Abbott" - "Neville Longbottom"

"Susan Bones" - "Seamus Finnegan"  

~Time laps"

" Hermione Granger" as the sorting hat was placed on my head I heard his words echo through my brain. "Draco Malfoy"

"whoa" was all I could say and I must admit it was lame but finding out that my soul mate was my enemy for seven years was kind of creepy. But as I said "whoa" all the slytherin's started laughing at Malfoy. Poor guy. Wait what am I thinking? ' he did just save your life'- hypothetically.

~another time laps~ (sorry)

"Luna lovegood"- "Harry Potter"

"Pansy Parkinson"- Ron Wesley"

"Ginny Wesley"- " Blaise Zabini"

The thing that got me with Ginny is that she was as white as a sheet. That's when I decide to walk up to her " Ginny dear, what wrong?" " he is in slytherin, what happens if he is like Tom?" "sweet heart that was years ago and he is gone he can't do it, I mean I highly doubt he will turn out like Voldemort if everyone has seen what he has done."