"You're Blondie For A Reason, And I'm Black."

"I'm pretty sure I'm not meant to be in the boys dorm room Sirius."

"Please... Just help me."

I sighed and looked at his pleading face. Those puppy dog eyes, how could I say no?

"Fine." I huffed. He grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me further into the room.

"This is my bed. Sit."

"I'm not a dog." I said, falling onto his bed.

He smirked before sitting down in front of me, with his back to me.

"Tidy it up... Please... But don't cut too much off."

I stared at the messy mane in front of me, then down at the glinting scissors sitting in my right palm.

"Let's do this." I whispered, more to myself than him, before cutting into the first lock.

Sirius's hair had been almost shoulder length. Had being the important word. Of course, some parts were still long, but whatever happened the other night had left his hair looking like a matted animals fur, all lopsided, different lengths, truthfully... An utter mess.

The shortest part was probably around seven inches long, so I slowly cut the rest of his hair to match. He was going to have a shock when he looked in the mirror.

Small black locks of hair fell, like feathers all around us. It was surprisingly peaceful, sitting up in the forbidden boys dormitory's with notorious Sirius Black, in silence, cutting away at his precious mane.

"Promise me one thing?" I asked once I was done.

"What?"

"You won't yell at me when you see it?" I whispered, afraid that he would hate me. It was known how rarely Sirius had hair cuts and how much he liked his long hair.

"You've helped me, why would I yell? Unless you've given me an utterly horrid hairstyle, then I'm grateful." He said, turning around to face me.

"The Black lion is no longer." I whispered, before giggling a little at my own joke.

He rolled his eyes before getting up off the bed and heading towards the only mirror in the room.

As soon as he caught sight of his reflection he stopped. He stared at the boy in the mirror for a few minutes.

"It'll grow back. I had to cut it all even." I stated. I hadn't wanted to leave him with chunks missing out of his hair.

"I know blondie... It's just a shock." He said, running his hands through his long, but now considerably shorter hair.

"I think it suits you." I replied. I could now see more of Sirius's face. I had never seen his neck before either, it seemed strange to see more of Sirius exposed.

He continued to run his hands through it as I got up off the bed and made my way towards him.

I knelt behind him, where he was sat on the old wooden floor. Slowly, I moved down to rest my chin on top of his head so that all my hair draped over his, it appeared now that he had long blonde hair.

"I don't think blonde suits you." I said, the top half of my head moving when I spoke as my chin rested on top of his crown.

He smiled softly at me in the mirror.

"Nor me, you're blondie for a reason, and I'm Black."

<><><>

The next day few days flew by quite fast.

I always regretted not taking potions as I was always on my own, bored, when Lily had potions.

It was a nice day so instead of staying in the common room I decided to sit out by the lake.