"Expecto Patronum."

I had always known that Sirius was popular with the girls, but as with most things, I was oblivious to what really went on.

After I told Lily about my lessons with Sirius, she sat at the end of her bed with a concerned expression.

"What is it?" I asked, starting to worry a little.

"You haven't... Fallen for Sirius... Have you?" She asked, nibbling on her lip.

"Sirius? Of course not!" I said laughing a little. I immediately felt mean.

"Not that there's anything wrong with Sirius, but you know me Lil? I'm too shy for boys, and besides, he's definitely not my type!" I exclaimed, continuing to giggle.

"Phew... Because you're too sweet for him Seren." She said, smiling softly at me.

I was glad we were alone in our dorm room so that we could have this conversation.

"Too sweet for him? What do you mean?" I asked her, a little confused by her words.

"Well... Sirius Black is a bit of a player so I hear, he doesn't really do the girlfriend thing." She explained.

"Well it's a good thing I don't see him like that then." I defended myself.

"You remember he broke Marlene's heart last year?" She asked.

I had totally forgotten about him and Marlene. She would sit at the bottom of her bed telling us all about him at the end of each day, then she caught him coming out of a store cupboard with another girl. He hadn't cheated, they weren't even going out. But Marlene had loved him, and he had broken her heart.

I nodded in response.

"Right. Well, I'm off to Sirius. Speak of the devil haha, we're doing dueling tonight." I said, getting up from my comfortable position on the bed.

"Alright! Have fun!" She exclaimed, watching me and smiling as I made my way towards the door.

I arrived at the room of requirement ten minutes early. This was the first time I had gotten here before Sirius, it felt strange.

I slowly walked around the room, taking in the beauty of it and every single feature. I should use this room more if it comes up with whatever I want. Think of the possibilities! A library, a swimming pool, there's so much potential! 

A few minutes later Sirius arrived, I think even he was shocked that I was there before him.

"Ah blondie!" He exclaimed as he walked through the old wooden door.

"Sirius." I replied, nodding at him.

"Ready for some abrakadabra?" He asked.

"Abrakadabra?" I laughed a little.

"Yeah, muggles think it's a magic word! But it doesn't do anything! Look." He said, pulling out his wand.

"Abrakadabra!" He yelled, waving it enthusiastically at me.

"Maybe it's a real spell but we just haven't figured out the right hand movement yet?" I suggested sarcastically.

I always wondered about muggles and their strange thought on magic. I wonder what my dad thought about me going to a school to learn magic when he knew very little about it.

I jumped up onto the dueling stage and he quickly followed, standing at the other side of it.

"Abrakafuckingdabra!" He said, waving his wand around lazily.

"Please don't curse." I said shyly. I had always hated curse words.

"But it's so much fun shoving them in the middle of spells!" He groaned, pouting and giving me the old puppy dog eyes.

"Anyway, what are we doing today Mr Black?" I asked, sitting cross legged in the middle of the stage.

"Well, I know this is a little different but I was thinking the patronus charm?" He suggested.

My eyes immediately lit up. I had always wanted to try a patronus charm but we had never been taught them in defense against the dark arts sadly.

"Okay, so the first thing you have to do is think of the happiest memory you can." He told me as I got to my feet.

I closed my eyes and racked my brains a little. I remembered seeing my parents at Christmas on my first year at Hogwarts. I had missed them so much that I had cried tears of joy when I had finally seen them in the flesh.

Surely that was happy enough?

"Got one!" I exclaimed, opening my eyes.

"Good, okay so you have to think of that memory, focus all your attention onto it and say the incantation: expecto patronum." He told me.

I focused. I could see my mothers watery blue eyes looking into my own. I could feel my fathers strong arms as he engulfed me in a hug so fierce that it lifted my feet off the ground.

"Expecto patronum!"

Nothing happened.

I looked at him and nibbled my lip nervously.

"Don't worry, try again." He instructed.

"Expecto patronum!"

Again, nothing happened.

"I didn't expect you to get it first try blondie." He told me. I was starting to get frustrated.

I could smell my dad's signature scent and picture my mothers warm hands as they took hold of my own.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!!!"

Nothing happened.

I slumped down on the stage, defeated.

"It's no use." I mumbled.

He slowly approached me and lowered himself so that he was sitting next to me.

"It took me weeks to cast my first patronus. Maybe the memory you picked isn't good enough."

"I thought of my parents. Seeing them for the first time, Christmas in my first year."

"That's not good enough. It's not strong enough. You need the most happiest memory you have, the best you have ever felt."

"But I can't think of any." I whispered, staring at my shoes.

Don't get me wrong, I had an extremely happy childhood and a great life. I just couldn't think of one extremely happy, passionate memory.

"It's okay, we'll get there." He said, placing his hand on my back.

"What's your patronus?" I asked.

I had been excited to see what my patronus would be. Maybe it would cheer me up to see Sirius's.

"That's a secret." He said, tapping the side of his nose.