"It Had To Be Done."

The next morning I awoke to Lily dangling an enchanted spider in my face. It danced sweetly in my palm as she dropped it into my hand.

"It's Halloween!" She squealed.

"This is pretty sweet." I said, holding up the spider.

"I charmed it from a leaf." She said, her face beaming with pride.

I smiled proudly at my best friend. She was so good at everything and I loved watching what crazy inventions she would come up with next.

"I wonder if there'll be pumpkin pasties for breakfast." I mumbled as I put on my robes.

"Ooo that would be good! I doubt it though, maybe they'll have them for lunch or dinner." She said, brushing her silky auburn hair.

Once she brushed her hair we headed down to the great hall.

The sky was enchanted a stormy grey and pumpkin heads floated all around the hall.

"Hogwarts decorations never get old." I reminisced as we made our way to our usual seats.

"When I was growing up we had to carve our pumpkins by hand and hang fake spiderwebs up for Halloween." She laughed.

"My mother used to enchant them, the neighbors always looked at them so strangely." I laughed.

I really missed my parents. I couldn't wait to see them at Christmas, which as Lily reminded me almost every day, was less than two months away.

Coincidentally, there were pumpkin pasties at the breakfast table. Lily and I stared at them in shock before grabbing two each and putting them onto our plates.

I was half way through my first pasty when James, Sirius, Remus and Peter walked in.

I laughed upon sight of them. Obviously, the pure bloods in the room wouldn't understand the joke, but the four of them were dressed in Halloween costumes.

James had a pair of mouse ears perched on top of his head, Sirius had stags antlers, Remus had a set of fluffy dog paws and dog ears and Peter was wearing a werewolf mask.

"Happy Halloween! Treat or trick!" James yelled excitedly as he approached us.

"It's trick or treat James." Lily corrected him, trying to keep a straight face.

"Same thing." He replied, sitting down and grabbing a pumpkin pasty and some pumpkin juice.

I looked towards Sirius and he wiggled his antlers at me. I smiled before returning to my pumpkin pasty. 

Remember. You need to distance yourself.

"How are you?" He asked.

I looked up in confusion.

"After yesterday." He added.

"I'm fine, I feel really bad, how's your head?" I asked, changing the subject.

"It's fine, don't worry about it." He replied, smiling gently at me.

"What do we have first?" I asked Lily in an attempt to get away.

"I have charms, you have divination." She replied.

I groaned.

"I so wish I hadn't taken divination and was in your charms class instead." I replied.

"But then you wouldn't have charms when I have charms blondie." Sirius said with a wink.

There had been two charms classes this year and I had chosen a different one to Lily so that I could take divination, a subject I instantly regretted taking after the first lesson.