"You Just Need To Trust Me."

When I woke up the next morning, I thought that it had all been a dream until Lily and I entered the great hall and watched as chaos played out.

The slytherins were all complaining and blaming each other for the change of dorm room colour. Lucius Malfoy was wearing a dark green hat, the teachers were running around frantically. We had caused chaos, just as he had intended.

"What on earth has happened?" Lily asked as we sat down opposite the boys. 

I could feel Sirius's eyes on me but I avoided his gaze.

Had we actually kissed last night?

I felt confused. Sirius Black had kissed me? Had I imagined it? Why would he like someone like me? What had brought this on? I had thought we were just friends?

"For once, someone else has been playing pranks." James replied.

"What?" Lily asked, still confused.

"The slytherin dorms have been changed pink. Somehow, Lucius Malfoy is now bald. All the trees outside have been shrunken down to saplings and there's a wild duck wandering around the castle." He commented.

Sirius nudged my foot under the table. I looked up at him and he winked at me, causing my cheeks to start to warm. I smiled shyly before turning back to my book.

"I want whoever has caused all this mayhem to own up immediately or face extreme consequences. And for the love of Merlin, you better not be in Gryffindor!" Professor McGonagall shouted from the front of the great hall.

I began to shake. I looked at Sirius with wide eyes before getting up and running out.

I just need somewhere to go. Somewhere quiet where nobody will find me.

The door began to grow in front of me and I quickly pulled it open before disappearing inside.

I slumped down against the inside of the door out of breath. Hyperventilation mixed with a combination of running was definitely not a good idea.

Why had I agreed to this? What had I done? Sirius was meant to make me more confident, not get me so rebellious that I get expelled!

What would happen if I got expelled? Of course, I could join a muggle school! But I didn't have any GCSEs, no qualifications, I would get nowhere in the muggle world.

Of course I could move to a different wizarding school. Of course, there was Beauxbatons in France... I could speak a little French but I was nowhere near fluent enough to live in France. Then there was Castelobruxo in Brazil... But Brazil was way too far away, and I sunburn really easily so South America was a no go. Then there was Koldovstoretz in Russia, but how would I survive in Russia? I loved the snow but I doubt I would last a week in Russia. Or what about Mahoutokoro? I'd always wanted to visit Japan! But... Maybe not live there. And Uagadou in Africa was way too warm... And too far!

I could barely see my shaking hands through the tears in my eyes. Damn you Sirius Black! Why had I listened?

Of course, I had enjoyed it at the time, but I knew there would be consequences, and now I would have to face them.

What if I didn't own up? Nobody would ever suspect me!

No Seren, lying isn't your thing. You have to own up!

I took a deep breath and looked around me. Inside the room this time was a cosy looking bed, a table full of food, clothes. I could live here! I could hide here until it's all forgotten!

I wiped away my tears and headed over to the bed. It was so comfy. I lay down and moments later, sleep took me over.

<><><>