"Stop It. You're Putting Me Off."

It was the 5th of January. Snow coated the castle grounds in a soft sheet and the lake was frozen over from the freezing temperatures.

Sirius and I had both had a free lesson, so we wandered around the lake, my mitten clad hand in his.

The other students didn't know about us yet, and it made me anxious to think about how I may get bullied and tormented by his group of past flings if they ever found out.

It made me feel a little sick, thinking that Sirius had been treated so badly that he had resorted to that to feel a little love.

Speaking of love, we hadn't exchanged the word yet, our relationship was still new, still young and sweet, and it made me panic wondering who would be the first one to say it.

We were passing my favourite tree, the one where I meet Snuffles, when I remembered that I still hadn't told him about my patronus.

"I have something to show you." I said, breaking the soft silence that had previously filled the air around us, apart from the sound of our boots crunching in the snow.

He turned to me, his soft grey eyes searching mine.

"Actually, two things."

"Well this is exciting." He said, smiling at me softly.

"I want you to meet my friend, but I don't know if he'll show up. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't."

"Should I be jealous that you have other male friends?" He asked.

"No." I said, laughing a little.

"He's a dog." I said, smiling up at him.

His expression changed a little as he stared down at the snow.

"Anyway, I'm not sure if he'll turn up so I'll show you the other thing."

I drew my wand out of my pocket and took off my gloves, letting them fall to the floor.

I looked up into his opulent eyes, which were dancing with anticipation.

I began to giggle as he watched me with anticipation.

"Stop it, you're putting me off." I said, giving him a light shove.

"Sorry." He mumbled, smirking at me.

I took a deep breath and held my wand up.

"Expecto patronum."

I was a little scared to open my eyes, but when I did, I saw Sirius, watching in fascination as a glowing silvery swan danced and glided around in front of him.

I clutched my wand tightly in my hand, until eventually, the swan faded away.

I nibbled on my lip as he stared out across the lake, to where the swan had vanished just moments ago.

"Sirius?" I asked, a little worried.

"I'm sorry." He said, turning to me, emotions raw in his eyes.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked, rushing to him and wrapping my arms around him.

He clutched onto me as though everything would disappear if he lost his grasp.

"For causing you so much pain." He managed to breath out.

I was surprised to see this side of Sirius, I had only seen it once, when he was telling my about his family, when he let his walls down.

"It's just... You make me feel... You make me feel." He whispered, almost desperately.

I pulled back a little so that I could look up at him.