Chapter 29 (End)

A week had passed since Jonathan had come back to Mary's life once more after leaving her on their wedding day. But all that was past news and now all that the headliners could talk about was that they were back with each other and they instantly became a power couple in the cooking world. Mary Maltz the one with the golden tongue, and Jonathan Holder the NYC Master Chef with a godly delicious touch. As a result, the Merry John Restaurant owned by Mary and its head chef being Jonathan is always fully packed.

Jonathan and Mary haven't had much alone time together, the issue was brought up when as usual Jonathan had dropped by to make breakfast at Mary's place. Eating the French toast that Jonathan had prepared, Mary brought up how they haven't been seeing much of each other. Jonathan had sighed heavily and accepted that these days he was starting to build up stress from the busy working schedule and not being able to see her of course. That's when Mary brought up the idea of only serving dinner on weekends so that they could at least have a bit of the weekend to themselves and even the staff needs a rest. Jonathan welcomed the idea and thought of how during the day they could go on dates like a normal couple would do and truly get to know each other this time around even if they both felt like they have known each other in past lives even.

Their days went on happily with each day becoming closer and falling more in love with each other even if they did get into arguments sometimes. Jonathan Holder eventually had to meet Mr. and Mrs. Maltz properly and once again ask them to trust them with their daughter. It was painful for Mary's parents to admit it straight out, but they knew that ever since he had left their daughter's life she had not been quite the same person. They accepted him back to their family. Little Jonathan and Mary, Jonathan's older sister, visited him in NYC and Mary gave Jonathan an earful about how he would not forgive him if he left Mary again taking Mary Maltz's side instead of her own brother's. Little Jonathan who had at first been so little had grown up quite a bit and was happy to meet his uncle again and he even started liking Mary a bit more too.

After a while as the whole uproar about Mary Maltz and Jonathan Holder being back together had died down and the restaurant had gone back to its regular flow, Jonathan walked into his kitchen to see everyone surrounding a certain individual. When the person turned around she was shocked to see that it was Megan. Jonathan's reaction had Mary in a fir of laughter, but eventually she explained how she had gone to Cleveland without his notice a while back and had persuaded Megan to come work for her. That was not all. Mary had promised to support her with getting up her own place after proving her worth by working her restaurant under the authority of the head chef Jonathan Holder.

Jonathan was amazed at everything that Mary had done for his life. He knew that without her he wouldn't be where he was today. He could hear himself thinking how he didn't deserve such a woman in his life. Megan working in his kitchen proved to Jonathan that Megan had completely started a whole new chapter in her life also a new romantic chapter as it seemed that sparks were flying between Jake and Megan each time they locked eyes with each other.

On their one year anniversary of them dating, Jonathan on one knee, proposed to Mary Maltz to become his wife with the promise of never leaving her even if she begins to hate him. It is all good and fair in a world of food and eating.

Sorry for the rushed ending......But had to really end this story before it ate away at me. Again I'm so sorry and I will eventually give it a proper and meaningful ending that isn't so rushed and forced. I'm sincerely sorry for anyone who actually followed the story and liked it.