Chapter 10

For the first time ever Mary felt kind of guilty because of how she lied while judging the food a s a professional food critic. She kept rolling around in her bed thinking what might have been the reason that caused her to lie to such a great chef. After hours of trying to sleep she finally fell asleep but dreamt of her father, the legendary master chef of NYC, Diego Maltz. She dreamt of the day where her dad had made pasta for dinner and while preparing it he had burned his hand while trying to catch the pan before it fell straight to Mary’s face, her father shielded her face by letting his own precious hands burn. Mary Maltz woke up from her dream by her father’s scream in her head as his hands burned because of protecting his only girl. She gasped for air and tried to stable her fast beating heart. She knew that she wouldn’t be able to fall asleep after that dream. So, to ease her guilt she decided to write her report for the Cook-Off Magazine right now. She sat till the sun up writing about the pasta which she had only a bite of, but all she wrote in this article was plain hard rock truth.

What Mary loved the most was her ending sentence, “Jonathon Holder is the next NYC Master Chef, said by the current NYC Master Chef’s only daughter, Mary Maltz” Mary let out a huge sigh of relief and then another tired sigh, knowing that she would hear about this from her father as soon as it gets out.

 But for once she wasn’t scared to face her father at all because she had full confidence in Jonathon Holder, the cook who she insulted that very night.