eleven

Riley's POV
The next two months without Jack were the hardest of my life.

When the police rocked up that day, Dylan ran and he's been on the run ever since. He hasn't been seen since then by anyone and the police are looking for him.

Lyss, Matthew and Danielle all came to his funeral held by his parents, who were obviously beyond devastated.

But without Jack and without Dylan, it's really not like it used to be. So now we've all sort of drifted. We don't sit together anymore. Danielle has started hanging out with these other girls and Lyss and Matthew just spend time together by themselves.

I mean, we're all still friends. But we just don't hang out like we used to. But it's okay.

Shawn and I have been together for two months and he's helped me deal with Jacks death a lot. There's been some nights where I have just cried on the phone to him about Jack for hours on end and he will listen.

He constantly is there for me.

As for my stitches, they've healed. But there's a small white scar across my cheek but it's barely noticeable so it's okay.

Nothing has really changed apart from my friends and I not hanging out anymore.

I'm slowly getting over Jacks death but it will still haunt me. I know Shawn will always be there for me if I'm ever feeling sad about it.

And Dylan? I never want to see him again. I hope the police find him and I hope they send him to prison for life. He deserves it. But as for now, he's still on the run.

"Hey, I was thinking: do you want to come shopping with me? I need to get more food and I don't want to go alone." Shawn says, jutting his lip out. He's so cute.

"Is it so hard to go by yourself?" I ask.

"Um, yes. Who else will push the shopping cart with me on the end?" He laughs.

"Your mother when you were five." I tease. Shawn sighs and puts his arms around me.

"Will you come if I do this?" He asks, pressing his lips gently on my neck as it sends shivers down my spine. His fingertips lightly trace my spine and he breathes heavily on my neck. I roll my head back and sigh.

"I suppose. Come on." I say, grabbing his car keys and leading him out of his own house.

"Works every time." He chuckles.

"Yeah, well don't get too cocky. Might not work one day." I say.

"Yeah but it is for now." He says with a shrug, locking the front door behind him. I throw him the car keys as I get into the passenger seat and Shawn drives.

"So, what food do you even need to get?" I ask. His parents are staying at a fancy hotel for a week to spend some time together, so Shawn has the house to himself. I've been spending a lot of time there now that it's the school holidays. Mostly because Shawn can't look after himself and he needs me to keep him in line.

"Milk, yogurt, cheese, yogurt, chicken and some muffins." He answers.

"No! No more muffins." I laugh. Shawn gives me a serious look.

"Saying to have no more muffins is like asking me to live without air." He argues.

"You're so dramatic." I say, giggling and Shawn laughs. He puts his hand gently on my thigh.

"Guess you'll never understand my relationship with muffins." He says.

"So you're cheating on me? Shawn Mendes, when were you going to tell me?" I play on.

"Never."

"Get off the shopping cart. You're too heavy." I beg as I try to wheel around the isle but Shawn happily swings off the end of the shopping cart.

"No. If you love me you'll let me stay on it." He says like a five year old.

"Guess I don't love you that much." I say as I take the yogurt Shawn likes off the shelf and put it in the trolley.

Once we're about done - getting more things then he actually needed -, I'm about to roll the trolley to the cash register when Shawn stops me.

"Wait! We forgot the muffins." He says wide-eyed before running off to find them.

While I wait, I scroll through my phone. I stop scrolling on Instagram when I come across something Matthew had posted. It's of Jack.

It's a photo they took together from months ago, before we even trespassed on Shawn's property. It's of them up the top of a cliff look-out. Matthew is putting up the 'hang loose' sign and Jack is pulling the ugliest face he can - but it's the cutest thing you'll ever see. Matthew captioned it:

missing you brother. still can't believe ur gone x

I haven't thought about Jack all day. Shawn has been so good at distracting me from it. But it's like the second Shawn leaves, Jack finds a way to make it into my brain again. I miss him so much.

"Hey, are you okay?" I hear. I look up to see Shawn looking down on me.

I shut my phone off and put it in my pocket.

"Yeah. Matthew just posted something on Instagram of Jack. I'm fine." I say. Shawn gives me a sympathetic look and hugs me.

"You know it's okay to feel sad about this even two months on." He says.

"I know but I just don't want to think about it. Did you find your muffins?" I ask, changing the subject. Shawn smiles and lifts up the packet of chocolate muffins.

"Yup! Now we can go." He says like a happy little eight year old who just got his favourite candy from the candy isle.
_______________________
a/n: filler chapter I guess??? But I wanted to write this two months on to avoid all the depressing chapters because I know I'll have the biggest writing block if I do that.
Vote & comment. ily x

PS - I JUST FUCKING SAW TROYE SIVAN LIVE AND I CANT EVEN DEAL RIGHT NOW HES SO PRECIOUS. IT WAS TOO AMAZING FOR ME TO HANDLE