Speak - 5

I breath heavily; leaning against the locker frame.

I couldn't believe of what just happened; as I recall the flashback.

"Damien. Damien Murray." His voice is deep, as he speak out word by word. His eyes stare right through my eyes, as if he can see my souls.

He patiently waited for me to shook his hands, as he slowly tap his foot up and down.

He smile with his eyes; where it never left me.

I shaken up in fear, but yet confused of the situation.

I hurried spin my feet, walking away from him as fast as I could possibly can.

"Isabella. Isabella. Wait!" His voice called out for me.

Eventually I ran and when I turned back, he was no where to be seen.

And here I am now being dumbfounded of the situation earlier like what the actual hell just happen.

I gave up on my thought on going to do the library and choose to go for lunch instead as my stomach start making noises.

I walk through the silent hallway, looking around for any sigh of Damien, the guy from earlier. I knew there must be something off about him. I mean how could someone like him who is considered to be at the top is talking and chasing someone like me that is at - well not at the bottom actually, I wasn't on the ranking at all. No one know who the hell am I. This Damien guy must be crazy, but maybe I was too harsh? Maybe because he is new, maybe he doesn't know anything about me being a freak. Maybe he was asking for directions. But how did he know my name? Maybe people talk about me and he heard it. Maybe he is actually crazy. Maybe.

As I reach the canteen. I slowly push out the door.

I can hear whispered and laugh about the incident that I did from the classroom, this morning.

I then quickly walk to the line to pick up the food.

Suddenly, there was a tap on my shoulder. I turn my head and there he was smiling.

My eyes turn wide. What should I do? What should I do? The question is repeatedly in my head.

"Hey Isabella." Damien waved at me with a smile.

But when I didn't return the greeting, he start to realised about my fear of him.

He sighed before stating "Hey, I'm sorry about what happen earlier. Did I freak you out? It's just that people were laughing at you in the classroom. I mean I - "

"It's okay" I cut him off. He was just being nice. I sigh thinking what is wrong with my mind? Then I saw some people looking at me, some were a bit shock, some were a bit confused and some started to whisper to the next person.

Then it's hit me; I speak. I just speak. My first words here. I never speak here in this school. Not to anyone, not to even the school psychiatrist when they force me there every after school. But then they give up.

I said my first words to him. To Damien. But then he was the first guy that ever talk to me.

"Oh alright then. I thought I went too far and you would think I'm a freak or something." Damien said with a light chuckle.

'Freak' that word went straight in my mind. What I have been called everyday. The word that makes me suffered everyday. And there, a perfect guy with a perfect smile thought I would called him something that he should be calling me.

So all I did was return him a smile and walk away with the food tray.

------------------------

Hi guys here is another chapter. I hope you guys enjoy it and if there is any question or anything I could improve or any mistakes on the book, please don't hesitate to write it down in the comment section:))