Neighbour - 6

I slowly eat my lunch, piece by piece; at my usual spot at the back of the canteen.

I sat there alone as usual. No one bothered sitting next to me.

I continue eating my food and I look up saw Damien heading my way.

Oh please not again. Please sit somewhere else. Please sit somewhere else. My mind replay the thought of him sitting here again and again.

But he didn't. He sat there a table in front of me with a group of people, probably the popular one. And his back was facing me.

Oh well, what a twist of the plot. Ha.

But why do I feel a little tingling in my stomach like I was disappointed? I better not be.

What can I say maybe I thought it would be like a movie, like the boy chase the girl around everywhere even thought she pushed him away. But this is reality. It's impossible.

After I done with my lunch, I once again went to my locker.

I open my locker and grab my books and all my stuff ready for my next subject.

Only 3 minutes left until the bell rang.

I begin to make my way to the class, before the first bell could rang or else I would unable to get to class in time at all. These students never let me to.

I went in the classroom and sat at my usual spot, then all the students start rushing in.

The class went by the same like it always have been. Nothing special. The teacher won't ask me any questions like the usual as they all know I don't speak. I mean I wish I could but I am scared. Every time I tried, nothing came out. It's like something stuck in my throat.

But I speak to him. I couldn't believe it. I talk to him without trying.

As the school bell rings show that school is finally over. Everyone rushed out, and I start making my way home.

The street that I live on is quite peaceful compared the the others. Which the people in the neighbourhood are also being quite nice to me.

I inhale the smell of nature, and smile to myself. This is the best time of the day, just me being alone and I choose to be it.

Suddenly, someone tap on my shoulder.

I startled a little, but thinking probably is Gemma. The only friend I have for all these years I have lived in this area. She lived across from my house. Too bad we didn't go to the same school or else my life would have been better than this.

I turn my head back with a smile and I opened my mouth to say something.

But then closed it when it's turn out the person who tap my shoulder was not Gemma, but it's Damien.

I trembled back a bit in shock, seeing him again outside school can never be expected.

"Hey, good to see you again. You lived near here too?" Damien look at me with a smile. His usual gorgeous smile. Oh god. I must stop.

I nodded my head slowly then head my head away from him, continuing with my walk.

"I just moved here about a week ago. I used to lived in Santiago." He continue with his talk.

I nod at him again. I don't know what else I should do apart from nodding.

"You don't really talk, don't you?" He gave me a question look but of course with a light smile.

"Uh" I try to think of something to say but my mind went blank.

So I shut my mouth and walk away from him.

"Hey! Hey Isabella! Wait!" He called out for me, then quickly jog and we are walking together again.

"I should have tell you earlier. I am your neighbour. I lived next to your house." He started.

I looked at him with a wide eyes. What the hell?

"Your mom invited my family for dinner tonight. I met her yesterday." He started the conversation again. "She said you go to the same school as me. She told me your name. So now you know why I know your name. I hope you don't think I was a creep or something." He chuckled.

"Oh." I said with a little shock but returned him with a small smile.

What was I thinking? He was just trying to be nice. I feel embarrassing. I'm glad I didn't say this to anyone or special to him that I thought he was a creep.

I look left and see that I arrived home now. My house save me from this unbearable situation.

I pointed at my house while I faced him.

" Oh right. We are here. " He chuckled lightly.

"It was nice talking to you, Isabella." He smile. His eyes stare deep into my eyes.

He continued to stare at me for awhile, even though it is quite uncomfortable but I like it somehow.

But then an interrupted sound of a light coughing breaks our eyes contact.

Gemma stands there, looking at us both with a smirk.

"Hey." Gemma greet Damien with a smirk while she was eyeing us both at the same time.

Damien quickly turns back to me, scratch his head slightly showing the awkwardness. "I guess I should be going then. Uh. It was good talking to you Isabella." He said it with a rush of embarrassment, but not before he turns to Gemma. "And you are...?"

"Gemma" Gemma said in her firm toned.

"Right, I'm Damien" He quickly gave her his hand for a shook.

He looks at me smiling for one last time, then walk back to his house.

After Damien left, I became faced to faced with my best friend and only friend, Gemma.

"So..?" Gemma start with a little squeal.

"So..?" I repeat her word with a confused expression.

"You and him are seeing each other." She said it, not like a question but kind of like a demand.

"Oh. No no. He's from my school. He is new here. He also lived there too." I quickly denied and pointed at his house. "He is just my neighbour."

---------------

Hi guys, here is another chapter. I would try to update another chapter as soon as possible. If you have anything questions, any comment on the mistakes, grammar error or any feedback. Please don't hesitate to comment on the comment section. Other than this, thank you so much for reading this book :))