Everything will change - 8

"Kids, dinner is ready" My mother's voice broke the tension between us, me and Damien.

\\\\\\\

After I had told him about my life, he then told me his part. Damien's father left him when he was only 5. Damien didn't know why, but he never seen him or heard from again. Until Damien's 10th birthday, he came back. He came back to kill his mom. His mom was killed by his own father. His dad then was later killed by someone. He didn't know who though. He was very young back then. Damien now live with his adopted parents. Which are here for dinner as our new neighbours today.

And now, here we are sitting on the dinning table, silently.

We both ate our foods quietly while the adults chat about their lives.

I slide the steak up piece by piece, then putting one in my mouth. Right there, I could feel his eyes on me, then I look at him. He then quickly looked away.

My eyes still are on him.

His eyes raised up and stay there.

I smiled at him.

He smiled at me.

I then look away; blushed.

After dinner, I stood up offer to wash up the dishes. Damien decided he wanted to help too.

"T-Thank you" I said.

"Oh that's a,right. I must help I -" I cut him off.

"For listen to me" I said with a smile.

He chuckled and scratch his head nervously.

"Umm - do you uhh" Damien looked at me nervously.

He sign and look at me again. He then asked. "Do you want to go on a date? With me?"

I shock by his words.

My mouth turns into an o shape.

"Umm I -" Not before I could finish my sentences.

"Damien!" His mother's voice called out for him.

She then walked into the kitchen. "Damien, we have to go now."

I can see an annoyance looks on his face. Before he walked away, he looked at me with disappointment.

I sigh in relieved. He just asked me out. He can't ask me out. I don't want him to ask me out. I shouldn't be ask out. I am the school's freak.

After I done washing the rest of the dishes, I went upstairs to change to my pyjamas.

Before I could do that, a sound of something hard like a rock hits my windows.

I startled, shaken in fear. Then I slowly moved towards the windows and saw him. He is standing there in his room, with his windows open. He lived right next to me!

He moved his hand up signalling me to open my windows, but I was too scared to do that.

Damien then sighs, before he grab a pen and a notebook and probably writing some messages to me.

I stand there still like a stick, waiting for his next move.

He lifted up his notebook, it reads 'Thank you for the dinner.'

He then tears the page off and writes another one.

'I feel that we both got many things in common.' And he feared another page off.

Another page of his notebook showed up, ' I think like you.' I was shocked right there.

'Do you want to give us both a chance -' then he opened another page.

'To go out on a date?' His face looked as if he is desperated.

'Can you give me a chance?' He waited for my answer, as he slowly put his notebook down.

I stood there still. My mind gone numb and dull, unable to think straight.

All I can think is if I say yes, everything will changed after today.

Do I really want everything to change?

Of course I do.

I  then nodded at Damien.