Smokes & Gin

A/N: Yes, believe it or not, I wrote a fucking straight fic at some point. Now, I can't stand to do so, unless it's a genderbend. We all had to start out somewhere *sigh*. I wrote this in January of 2015.

Description: Virginia had lived her life hard; a runaway at sixteen, alcoholic by eighteen, and a homeless, hopeless drug addict by twenty. After a few bad deeds of his own, Ricky desperately tries to turn his life around, only to be met by more mistakes. When he finds Virginia hitch hiking on the roadside of a lonely highway, he see's his redeeming moment shine in her troublesome eyes.

 When he finds Virginia hitch hiking on the roadside of a lonely highway, he see's his redeeming moment shine in her troublesome eyes

Chapter One // Self Destruct Personality

[Chapter Song: Self-Destruct Personality by Falling In Reverse]

× Ricky ×

The flash of a camera temporarily blinded me. I flinched away from the lens, emotionlessly pushing the photographer back. It was just for two seconds I had left the venue to go get some smokes down the street! Big mistake. Our dressing room, the safe haven away from these vultures, felt so far away. I crossed the street without even looking, hearing a car screech and a driver yell at me, but it went over my head.

"Ricky!" A mindless press agent shouted at me from the corner of the street. "Ricky! Are the rumors true? Did you beat a minor?"

I pulled a lighter from my pocket, sparking up the smoke I had placed between my lips. My hands shielded the wind from blowing out the flame, then I took a relieving puff off the cigarette. "Just leave me the fuck alone." I muttered bitterly.

"Ricky, a fan claims you hit her. Is that true?" He prodded. This asshole doesn't have ears, apparently.

After breathing out another puff of smoke, I realized he wasn't going away and I wasn't coming down from an angry induced high. Hatred is an addicting drug, and I've tried to hop off that crazy train, but what the fuck am I supposed to do with assholes like this? I grabbed the guy by the front of his jacket, seeing in his eyes he had no regret for the way he treated me like a piece of meat.

"What, you get off on diggin' into people's personal lives? It's none of your fuckin' business!" I yelled.

Again, his face showed no signs of remorse. This fucker didn't care that I was still human! He only wanted to use my name as a headline. I scoffed, throwing him back behind me as I kept walking. The guy stumbled back in traffic and some cars honked at him. Honestly, I didn't give a shit. It only caused more people, press or not, to pull out their cameras and film me.

This is never what I wanted. My love for a guitar, my passion for music, the long nights on the road, and the adrenaline of a performance; THAT is what I do this for. I'm not here to entertain closed minded pricks trying to make a dime off my name. I stormed into the venue, now more pissed than ever. Having so many eyes on me, so many gawking mouths, made me feel like my worth was valueless. I'm nothing to them but a story.