Drag Me to the Grave (2/4)

Chapter 7: Paranoia

Ashley's POV

I've been restless, knowing someone could find us at any moment and snatch Kay up. Even if vampires don't need sleep, we like it, and it makes us feel like shit to go without.

It's like alcohol in a sense. The more you don't sleep, the more you grow a tolerance to it and can stay up longer. It's been a while since I slept well, so I'm fine for now.

I suddenly jumped up in bed when I heard movement outside the door. My first instinct was to check to see if Kay was still asleep next to me. She was, but I could still hear someone outside the door.

Quietly, I walked up to the door. Then I quickly cracked it and slid out, grabbing hold of the neck of whomever it was. The sound of a glass hitting the floor shattered the silence as my eyes settled on Jacky.

"I know you're on edge, but you're keeping me in a choke hold a little too long, don't you think?" He whispered.

"Well, I should kick your ass for touching me girl." I silently yelled. "You know she's mine!"

"Just because she is, doesn't mean she wants to be!" He responded in the same low and vicious tone. "Let her have her freedom, or she'll stray farther."

I gritted my teeth, ready to reply when we both heard a scream erupt from the bedroom. Jacky and I bolted through the door to see a Shadow pulling Kay from her bed. 

Jack leaped across the room at that fucker. Honestly, I'm okay letting him be the hero. His death would cost one life, mine would cost two.

I grabbed Kay and ran down the hall to the guest bedroom where Derek and Ryan were. They both jumped when I unexpectedly opened the door.

"Stay with them, they'll protect you." I reassured her. "I have to go help Jacky."

She nodded, then I ran back down the hall. God, how am I going to help him? I can't fight Shadows! I don't even think Jacky can handle them right now.

He was on the losing end of this battle, but it didn't deter from the fact he looked fucking terrifying when he lost control. His hair stood on end, his eyes were pure red and his skin flushed to an almost grey tint. And his teeth... His teeth were like a shark's!

I attempted to grab the Shadow by the back of his shirt and yank him off. That didn't work and just resulted in my ass getting tossed across the room. On second thought, guess it helped Jack get leverage on the Shadow. Still, hurt like Hell.

He scrambled to the night stand and grabbed something from it. I saw a quick silver flash before I realized it was a stake. Jacky pierced it through that son of a bitch's chest, leaving completely silence in the room, outside of both us breathing heavily.

"You gotta get out of here." He said. "Go down the main street, and into the sewer. There's a direct mile walk between here and the airport."

"Thank you, we'll get our things and get gone." I responding, sighing as I thought of one last palace to go.

______________________________________________________________________________

Next Morning, Kay's POV

Ashley and I caught a flight up to New York. He was very cryptic about it, about... Everything.

We arrived at a parking lot, seeing a tour bus parked next to a brick building. Ash paid the taxi driver in cash, then came around and opened my door.