Silence Remains V2 (3/4)

Chapter 10 - Undead Ahead

- Ricky's POV -

What the fuck did I just walk into? There's creatures passed out on the couches and it smells like a liquor truck crashed into a vat of sweat. Bottles of whiskey and cans of beer were covering the floor. Not to mention, clothing hanging from every piece of furniture. I made my way through the drunk dancing girls to try to find the guys. This is where Bret sent them? Seriously, what kind of answers could they get here?

I walked into the kitchen and found Blake finally. There was a fairy drunk off his ass trying to hook up with him and he kept pushing the wasted off of him. As I got closer, I realized I did know these fairies.

"Jack, lay off of him." I sneered. I pushed Jack back, repeating myself, "Leave him alone. He has a boyfriend."

Blake straightened out his vest as he replied, "Thank you. He just came onto me all at once."

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"Outside trying to talk to Alex. Steel thought these guys could help us because they've had a run in with Colton before, but we didn't know we'd be walking into this." He said.

"We don't need their help. The Angel Council gave me a good idea of where to find Colton." I responded as I started to walk to the backyard of the house.

There were way less people out here, thankfully. Steel and Ryan were trying their best to talk to Alex, but he was a little more interested in a female neko in a bikini. I rolled my eyes watching this sad train wreck. Blake and I pulled them out of their through the gate in the backyard. It was best to head to the tavern because it's a portal hub. There's a portal to the tavern in the basement of the Home Tree. That's what I told the others and they seemed to agree.

As we walked into the Home Tree again, I was shocked to see Devin here talking with JC. What is he going here? We seemed to catch his attention fairly quickly as he frantically approached us.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"We need you and Blake back the mansion. Chris is getting worse, and three strong telepaths can't get through to Lee." He told us.

"Maybe it's for the best if we all head back, then." Steel said.

I agreed with him. We couldn't leave Ryan and Steel to finish off this mission on their own. We all connected hands to allow Devin to be able to teleport all of us back. Within the blink of an eye, I felt myself comforted by my home once again. The others can worry about their own agendas, but I had to go see Chris. I rushed myself down to our shared bedroom.

Brent opened the door for me as he saw me coming down. I rushed through it as he held it open and thanked him. I calmed myself down entering the room so I don't startle Chris. He might've been sleeping, for all I know. He was awake though, and talking to our son as he sat at Chris' bedside. I walked up next to Chamber and looked upon my husband. His skin was almost white and veins overly visible. I leaned over and grabbed his hand.

"Hi Beautiful." He spoke just above a whisper.

"Hey Handsome." I responded, smiling in a bittersweet way.

"Kuza's with Angelo right now. He'll be in here soon." Chamber said.

"Thank you. Where's your sister?" I asked him.

"Which one?"

I glanced over at him, "You know which one."

His eyes wondered downward, "Oh, Yin-Di is practicing for tournament with the others."