Idk, just making it up as I go...

Gaius's pov

Merlin needed to relax. He was stressing out over some sort of bandit attack that happened a few weeks ago. He had saved Arthur from the bandits, almost exposing his magic. I had told that boy to be careful, but when does he ever listen?

He was also still grieving his loss of Will. His best friend had died in Ealdor that day, proving his selflessness by taking the blame for using magic to form the small dust devil that defeated the bandits. Merlin told me Will was the only friend he had back in Ealdor. Everyone else just glared at him, bullied him, or was suspicious of him.

Will was the only one he trusted other than his mom. And now he was gone.

I was brewing up a potion to help with the headaches one of the knights kept having, when I heard a noise coming from Merlin's room. He had gone to sleep hours ago, claiming to be exhausted from the workload Arthur had given him.

I walked up the few steps to Merlin's door, and quietly opened it. When I peeked inside, I smiled and opened he door fully. The window was open, letting a soft breeze enter through the room.

Merlin was asleep, but he was on the floor, his arms bent in awkward angles. What surprised me was who was taking up his bed. On the bed, covered in baby chick's, we're 2 large doberman dogs. They were all asleep, somehow. I was wondering how they got in there, when I noticed the claw marks on the window sill.

The animals must have climbed through the window! I walked to the window, peeking down he side to see how the animals got up, but there was nothing. I sighed, and left the room.

I left the physicians quarters, and found my way to where the maids kept blankets, sheets, towels, and spare linen. Nodding to maids as I pass them, I grabbed a few blankets, and returned to my quarters. When I got to Merlin's room, everything was the way it was when I left. I carefully draped a blanket over Merlin, to make him more comfortable, and layed the rest on the snoozing animals.

"Goodnight," I whispered.

I smiled, and closed the door.

I know it's short, but at least it's something, right? No? Okay.

I'm sorry for not updating more often, it's just tough to write with the rush of summer activities and plans. I haven't been updating as much as I'd like, but it's hard to come up with original ideas, when there are so many Merlin books out there.

I would also like to say thanks. This book is now at 800 reads! I am soooo happy! Thank you all for reading, voting and commenting! I really appreciate it, and I will try to update more often. Thanks again,

~piptheturtle🐢