36: Tears, Goodbyes, & Harry Styles

—Harry–
:: One Month Later ::

I gave Amber her space. Niall had talked to me. He told me he was at Carly's when Amber showed up and that they had gone out for food together. It hurt that Niall could spend time with Amber while she wanted her distance from me. Not that I didn't see Amber; we saw each other every day on set. We only talked when were in character. This past month really showed how good of an actress Amber was. Nothing seemed wrong. Then Paulo would yell cut and we would go our separate ways. I couldn't help but wonder if this distance and silence between us killed her as much as it killed me.

Today was the last and final day of shooting. It was my last day as an actor. After this, One Direction kicked off their semi-world tour. Today was also the day I would talk to Amber again; I wanted things to be right between us. I'd given her her space. Now it's time to close it.

"C'mon, Prince Charming." Amber, er, Ariel wiggles her eyebrows at me. "Let's go grab some ice cream." She slips her hand in mine and I allow a faux smirk to show on my lips.

"You know I love ice cream." We both laugh, walking off toward the end of the set, our fingers intertwined.

"CUT!!!"

Amber instantly lets go of me, turning around to go hug Paulo.

"We're done!" The director explains, hugging the blonde Cheshire girl. Amber giggles, planting a kiss across his cheek.

"I will miss you, Paulo." She tells him.

He pouts. "Miss me? You act like I'm not going to direct another one of your movies."

Amber looks down at the floor, running her fingers through her hair. "Actually, Paulo. You're not.

I'm moving back to Cheshire. I'll be auditioning for movies and shows inside of the UK." My head snaps up.

"What?!" I must of startled Amber because she jumps, turning to face me with wide eyes.

"Pardon me, Paulo." I mutter, grabbing Amber's wrist and gently but forcefully pulling her off to the side, away from curious ears.

"What do you want?" She snaps at me, a frown visible on her pink lips. I return it.

"You can't just stay in Cheshire forever." I find myself saying. "What about us?"

"What about us?" She repeats.

I release a sigh. "I gave you your space, Amber, but it doesn't mean I stopped loving you. If anything, I love you more."

Amber swallows, looking down at her feet. "Harry-"

"No." I shake my head, my curls bouncing. "Please. I know I have a tour, but we can make it work-"

"We can't." She cuts me off. "We can't make it work. I've thought about it. I've thought about it a lot. We've got too much on our plates. We can't."

"We can't," I search her eyes. "Or you don't want too?"

She looks away from me. "It's complicated."

I massage my temples, blinking tears away from my eyes. I refused to cry in front of her. "Is this about Emma; about my mistake?"

Surprisingly, she shakes her head. "No, Harry. It's much more than that. It's about me." Without further words, she tears away from me and walks away into the crowd of actors saying their goodbyes. I rest my back against the wall, burying my face in my hands. What the hell did she mean by that?

"It's about me." Does that mean there's no 'us' anymore? Was there ever an 'us'? I never wanted to lose her, but it seemed like that was exactly what was happening.