The Soundtrack

This is a soundtrack of songs that inspired parts of the story as I wrote it. Some songs were given to me by fans, other have just simply been on my mind since the beginning. Following the song titles will be lyrics of the song that were important to the story. I hope you enjoy and listen to those songs if you ever decide to reread the story. 

Same Mistakes by One Direction “Circles, we’re going in circles. Dizzy’s all it makes us. We know where it takes us. We’ve been before. Closer, maybe looking closer. There’s more to discover. Find out what went wrong without blaming each other. Think that we got more time. When we’re falling behind. Gotta make up our minds. Or else we’ll play, play, play all the same old games. And we wait, wait, wait for the end to change. And we take, take, take it for granted that we’ll be the same. But we’re making all the same mistakes…”

Fall for You by Secondhand Serenade“The best thing about tonight’s that we’re not fighting. Could it be that we have been this way before? I know you don’t think that I am trying. I know you’re wearing thin down to the core. But hold your breath. Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you over again. Don’t make me change my mind. Or I won’t live to see another day. I swear it’s true. Because a girl like you is impossible to find. You’re impossible to find…”

Under Control by Parachute – “Because I’ve kept my heart under control. Oh, but lately all this time has taken its toll. Said I tried to, but I can’t hold back what’s deep in my soul. So darling, please forgive me. I want you and you’ll just have to know…”

 Na Na Na by One Direction“We’ve got a bit of love/hate. You take me to the edge then you hit the brakes. I say it’s over one day, but then I’m crawling back begging you to stay. We make up and we break up all the time. I’ll say that I hate a song, and then you’ll go request it the whole night long. Some people say it’s so wrong, but even when we fight, girl, you turn me on…”

Lightening by The Wanted – “When your lips touch mine. It’s the kiss of life. I know, I know that it’s a little bit frightening. We might as well be playing with lightening…”

I Forgive You by Kelly Clarkson – “I forgive you. We were just a couple of kids trying to figure out how to live; doing it our way. No shame, no blame. ‘Cause the damage is done and, and I forgive you. I forgive you. We were busy living the dream. Never noticed the glass ceiling was falling in on us. No shame, no blame. ‘Cause the damage is done and, and I forgive you…”

Wait for You by Elliot Yamin – “I never felt nothing in the world like this before. Now I’m missing you and I’m wishing that you would come back through my door. Why did you have to go? You could have let me know. So now I’m all alone. Girl, you could have stayed but you wouldn’t give me a chance. With you not around, it’s a little bit more than I can stand. And all the tears, they keep running down my face. Why did you turn away?...”

One Thing by One Direction “So get out, get out, get out of my head and fall into my arms instead.  I don’t, I don’t, don’t know what it is. But I need that one thing and you’ve got that one thing…”

Happy by Secrets in Stereo – “Lately I’m falling for you. Lately I’m falling for you. I don’t wanna live a day without you. I just wanna be the one that makes you happy, happy…”

She’s More by Andy Griggs“I like blue eyes, hers are green. Not like the woman of my dreams. And her hair's not quite as long as I had planned. Five foot three isn't tall. She's not the girl I pictured at all. In those paint by number fantasies I've had. So it took me by complete surprise. When my heart got lost in those deep green eyes. She's not at all what I was looking for. She's more. No, it wasn't at first sight. But the moment I looked twice. I saw the woman I was born to love…”

I Blame Hollywood by Olly Murs – “I made a mistake. I got confused. It’s easy to forget. ‘Cause this is real life. With so much to lose. As I let you walk away into the sunset. It's just another famice. I try to do the right thing. I ended up with nothing good. Mm, girl. And I blame Hollywood…”

Come Wake Me Up by Rascal Flatts – “Yeah the whole thing begins. And I let you sink into my veins. And I feel the pain like it's new. Everything that we were, everything that you said, everything that I did and that I couldn't do. Plays through tonight. Tonight your memory burns like a fire. With every one it grows higher and higher. And I can't get over it; I just can't put out this love. I just sit in these flames and pray that you'll come back. Close my eyes tightly, hold on and hope that I'm dreaming. Come wake me up…”

I Won’t Give Up by Jason Mraz“Well, I won't give up on us. Even if the skies get rough. I'm giving you all my love. I'm still looking up…”

Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran – “And your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed in my neck. I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet. And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now…”

Everything About You by One Direction “...It's everything about you, you, you. Everything that you do, do, do. From the way that we touch, baby. To the way that you kiss on me. It's everything about you, you, you. Everything about you..."