Ch.6-Tired

It's been two weeks since they brought home little Nialler and everyone is exhausted.

Once again the baby monitor went off with cries from Niall, who was hungry once again. Liam sighed as he reluctantly got out of his warm bed with his warm boyfriends. He checked the clock on the nightstand before going to Niall's nursery and saw it was only 12:30 in the morning.

"Baby boyyyy. Are you hungry?" Liam whispered, lifting him out of his crib. Niall's crying died down once he was in his Momma's arms.

Liam sat down in the rocking sofa that was in the corner of the room and took off his shirt. He lifted Niall's head a bit towards his nipple and let Niall latch on, sucking the milk.

A few minutes later Niall finished drinking from Liam. Liam lifted him up and burped him, the only problem was now Niall was fully awake. Liam sighed before standing up and walking downstairs into the kitchen. He set Niall in his carrier that was on the kitchen counter.

Liam tried everything he could think of to get Niall to fall back asleep. He tried rocking him, singing to him, reading to him, anything you could think of he tried. Nothing was working. He had made himself a cup of coffee to try and stay awake but he was just too tired.

"Baby please, please fall asleep," Liam begged looking down at Niall, gently rocking the carrier. "Niall please," Liam said on the verge of tears, he was a horrible mother, he couldn't even get his baby to fall asleep. Niall looked up at Liam as a couple of tears fell from the corners of his eyes. Why was his mommy crying? He didn't like that so he started crying as well.

"Oh no. No no no. It's alright, there's no need to cry," Liam tried, lifting him from the carrier and bouncing him lightly to stop his tears. But, they didn't stop. Liam tried to take a couple of deep breathes but it only made him feel worse, he made his baby cry.

All of Niall's crying woke up Louis who jumped out of bed and ran downstairs, waking Harry and Zayn in the process.

"Liam?" Louis asked coming into the kitchen where he found Liam crying as well as Niall.

"Love what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Zayn asked as he came in behind Louis with Harry trailing behind. Liam couldn't get words out he was choking on his sobs. Harry came and took Niall from Liam, bringing him into the living room to try and calm Niall down.

"I-I-I'm a terrible m-mother!" Liam said in between sobs burying his face in his hands. Zayn came up and held him to his chest, whispering soothing words to him. Louis came up behind Liam and wrapped his arms around his waist, holding him from behind.

"Babe, what makes you think that? Your a wonderful mother," Zayn said, rubbing his back lightly.

"N-no I'm not! I-I made him start c-crying b-because I was a-and I couldn't g-get him to f-fall back asleep, so I-I was j-just frustrated and t-tired and I-I guess he s-saw my t-tears and, and-" Liam couldn't even finish his sentence. Zayn and Louis needed to calm him down and fast before he went into a panic attack and fainted.

"Love, listen to me. It wasn't your fault he started crying. He was just confused as to why his mommy was sad. You are a wonderful mother, you gave birth to him. And really that's something a man cannot normally do. You are special in the way you conceived him and carried him around for eight months. You were the only one who could get him to stop crying in the hospital, remember?" Louis said, kissing the back of his neck gently. Liam had calmed down some, the feeling of having Zayn and Louis' arms wrapped around him gave him comfort. He leaned into both of their embraces, relaxing into their touch, his sobs reduced down to sniffles, which became hiccups.

"I love you two," Liam whispered into Zayn's chest.

"We love you so. So much words cannot express. And I'm positive Harry and Niall so as well," Zayn said kissing the top of his head.

"Let's get to bed. How's that sound love?" Louis asked lifting him up bridal style. Liam just sighed and nodded his head laying his head on his shoulder. Louis carried him upstairs, followed by Zayn, and laid him down in the middle of the bed. Louis got in behind him, spooning him. Zayn got on the other side of Liam, leaving some space for Harry when he returns.

Harry had finally managed to calm Niall down in the living room.

"There now, no more tears Baby. Why were you crying? Was it because mommy was sad? Yeah? You wanna go say goodnight to mommy?" Harry cooed rocking Niall gently. Niall let out a coo, almost as if he was saying yes. Harry smiled and kissed his nose walking upstairs into their bedroom.

"Someone wants to say goodnight to mommy," Harry said walking over and sitting on the end of the bed by Louis. Liam sat up and gently took Niall into his arms.

"Hi BabyBoy. I love you so so much," Liam said kissing his cheek. Niall let out a coo and reached his little chubby fist up grabbing at Liam's cheek. Liam smiled and held Niall's little hand in his bigger one.

Harry gently took Niall back into his arms who was falling back asleep. He took him into his nursery and laid him in his crib. Harry slipped a dummy in his lips and turned on the mobile and night light before turning off the lights and heading back to bed.