two

"  our memories will haunt me forever "

⊲⊳

dayeon had changed her pillow case eleven times in that one week. 

it wasn't comfortable to sleep on a wet pillow.

her room was getting stuffy but yet it felt colder than a freezer.

she needed to get out. she needed to get out now.

dayeon grabbed a jacket and headed out, with no destination in mind. she walked, and walked, until her feet brought her to a street she had never been to.

she didn't worry about how she would get home even though it was late and the buses weren't working. she could get kidnapped, for all she cared.

her eyes were met with a broad back in the sitting in the middle of the road. her feet automatically started to walk towards the male to get him off the road, but she stopped as soon as she opened her mouth to shout at him, suddenly recognizing the back she had seen so many times in the past three years.

she quickly hid herself behind a tree-- the sight of him enough to make her break down all over again.

dayeon watched as his gaze lingered on his phone screen, pressing the home button whenever the screen faded black just to look at it again.

she knew that picture. she knew he set it as his wallpaper because she made him when he thought he looked bad in it. she had reassured him that he looked handsome.

her phone vibrated in her pocket.

jungkook: hey
jungkook: i miss you

tears flowed down dayeon's face as she read those words. she did everything in her power to not make any noise as she cried. she slid her back down the trunk of the tree, bringing her knees closer to her chest.

i miss you, too.