alt. ending (happy ending)

dayeon sighed after a long day of school.

it was nighttime, and she couldn't bring herself to go back to that dark, desolate apartment complex of hers. it felt cold without the sunlight shining through those giant, wall sized windows. 

sure, the view of the hustle and bustle of downtown seoul from the high story of her complex was amazing, but when she turned her head around all she saw was the darkness of her living room and kitchen, all she heard was the sound of a single drop of water leak from her pipes onto her unwashed dishes.

she diverted her typical route home and angled her feet towards a coffee shop near campus. 

she wanted to be somewhere bright-- somewhere to uplift her spirits. recently, she had been feeling the side effects of loneliness at a much stronger force. maybe a warm cup of hot chocolate would help.

"welcome!" the worker chimed. she smiled at her and made her way to the cashier.

"what can i get you today?" she asked, hands situated and ready to type in her order on the cash register.

"i'll get a large hot chocolate, please. and a slice of blueberry cheesecake." she resituated the backpack on her back and made a mental decision to stay and do her homework at the cafe.

handing the cashier the money and telling her her name for the order, she found an empty booth at the end of the shop by the window. she took out her books and her laptop and began typing her assignment.

she had gotten halfway through her first paragraph when a ceramic cup was carefully placed in front of her.

"enjoy," the voice said. 

her ears perked up and she looked up at the familiar voice, only to find the figure of a broad back clad in uniform retreating quickly back into the kitchen.

her eyes watered as she looked down at the beverage before her.

whipped cream to the brim, exactly twelve mini-marshmallows floating on the surface.

only one person knew how she liked her drinks prepared. 

"jungkook: it's raining
jungkook: i hope you're staying warm
jungkook: with a cup of hot chocolate in your hands
jungkook: with marshmallows and whipped cream, the way you like it"

dayeon darted out of her seat, not caring about putting away her laptop or the fear of it getting stolen at the moment.

all that mattered to her was finding him.

"e-excuse me, where is the man that made my hot chocolate?" she asked the lady at the cash register.

"oh, his shift just ended. you might still be able to catch him if you leave right--"

"thank you!" dayeon said, running out the front doors and looking left and right. 

she saw a figure clad in a black hoodie-- hood on-- black jeans from the cafe uniform, and brown timberlands walking a good forty feet away from her.

"jungkook!" she screamed from the bottom of her lungs as she ran to him. she ignored the blisters that were forming from her flats rubbing against her heel.

"jungkook!" 

he turned around, just in time to catch a sobbing girl who threw herself into his arms.

"jungkook!" she cried into his chest, afraid of looking up, afraid that it might not be him.

"d-dayeonnie..." he mumbled, pulling her closer and crying into her hair. "dayeonnie..."

"i'm so sorry," she sniffled. "for everything that i've done to hurt you." she pulled away from him and looked him in the eyes.

"i know i don't deserve to say this after everything i put you through, but," she cupped his wet cheeks with her palms. she pulled him closer and rested her forehead on his. 

"i love you so much," she whispered, almost inaudibly. "i love you so, so, so much."

he grabbed her chin and pushed his lips against hers, both relishing the feeling of each other after being separated for so long.

"i love you, too," he mumbled inbetween pecks. "you have no idea how much i love you."

they stayed in each other's embrace for who knows how long, but all dayeon knew was that she didn't feel lonely anymore.

she wasn't cold anymore.

she felt the warmth of his being radiating onto her own self, and that was enough for her to feel complete again.