five

" i don't know if i have a lot of thoughts or none at all "

⊲⊳

"you okay?" 

dayeon looked up from her position under the bus stop to be met with her friend under an umbrella.

"you're going to catch a cold if you stay out here all day, y'know."

dayeon nodded. "i know."

she watched as her friend's figure got smaller as she walked away, her bright red umbrella become a stark contrast to what she was feeling.

jungkook: it's raining
jungkook: i hope you're staying warm
jungkook: with a cup of hot chocolate in your hands
jungkook: with marshmallows and whipped cream, the way you like it

she wasn't warm-- in fact she was the exact opposite. 

she was freezing. dry, but freezing. the cold wind would occasionally blow a little too hard, causing the rain droplets to fly onto her even from her position under the bus stop's roof. 

but she didn't care about that. that wasn't anything compared to how cold she felt when she wasn't in his arms.

but when she thought about being in his arms, she remembers waking up in the arms of the man with the bright mint green hair and any thoughts of her going back to jungkook disappear faster than lightning.

jungkook: i know you're reading these so i'm just gonna keep going
jungkook: are you remembering the same things i am right now?
jungkook: then again you probably haven't thought of me

she was imagining things. 

his face if he found out what she did while they were still together.

the tears that would most likely leak without him knowing.

the look of disgust and disappointment he would give her and harsh words that would inevitably follow after.

jungkook: i hate associating these memories with the rain
jungkook: you keep plaguing my mind
jungkook: remember our first kiss?
jungkook: the cliche "kiss in the rain"

dayeon stood up and walked as close as she could to the rain but still staying under the bus stop. she could feel the rain droplets getting on her black jeans, but she didn't mind.

she held her hand out and let the droplets fall into a small puddle in her palm. she held it close to her face and admired the clearness and pureness of the water.

with a quick movement of her hand, she watched as they fell and disintegrated on the concrete ground below her.

everything beautiful ends at one point.

jungkook: we both didn't know it was going to rain after dinner
jungkook: maybe i should've checked the weather and prepared better
jungkook: but you led us both to the park where we got soaked
jungkook: it was one of the most beautiful moments in my life

dayeon repeated her actions, but this time sticking her whole arm out and letting her hoodie sleeve get soaked. the fabric stuck to her skin, sending goosebumps through her whole body.

jungkook: you looked beautiful even with your wet hair sticking to your face
jungkook: your laughter when i back hugged you was music to my ears

she stuck her foot out and took a step, her socks getting soaked in her shoes and her black jeans getting darker as the water seeped through the fabric.

jungkook: the expression on your face when i began to lean in sent shivers down my spine
jungkook: but when our lips met for the first time i thought that if i died right then and there i would've died a happy man

she took another step, letting the rain claim her whole body. she undid her braided hair and let the rain wash her hair. 

she let out a quiet sigh, barely even heard by her own ears.

jungkook: i feel like everytime it rains this is all i'm going to think about
jungkook: it might drive me crazy honestly

dayeon let out a laugh.

how pathetic, she thought. running away.

jungkook: it's 11:11 
jungkook: try to stay warm

she walked away and stuck her hands in her water filled pockets.

but i'm too scared to do anything else.