Chapter 2

"All right, your car will be ready in about three hours," Kyle said.

"Excellent. Could you do me the small favor of giving me a vehicle that I may utilize for the next few hours?" I replied. The Midas guy--Kyle--gave me a weird look.

"This isn't a car dealership..." he said. I frowned.

This was the first time my parents trusted me to take my car to get its maintenance done. All the other times, I came with my father and he always took it to the dealership where we had bought the pre-owned white 2004 Honda Civic. But it was more expensive there and I had to pay for the maintenance this time, which is why I was at Midas.

"But what am I supposed to do for three hours?" I asked, dropping my try-to-be-as-awkward-as-possible act.

"You didn't have someone come with you in a different car?" he asked, quirking an eyebrow.

I crossed my arms over my chest and frowned. I felt like he was being condescending. As if I should have thought to bring another ride. And although that would have been the smart thing to do, he didn't have to go and make me feel like an idiot for it.

"No..." I mumbled.

"Well, then I guess you could wait in here for three hours," he suggested.

"Do you have any magazines?" I asked.

"We have Guns and Ammo," the guy said.

"Perfect! That's my favorite. I collect antique shot guns," I said. He raised his eyebrows at me.

"Really?" he asked.

"No," I replied flatly, pulling my cell phone out of my cross-body bag. I dialed home and prayed to ancient Egyptian god of cats that my parents would pick up the phone.

While I waited and my home phone rang and rang and rang...another customer walked in. I was taken aback slightly as he brushed past me to the counter. I couldn't help but gape. He was very good looking.

As in, Calvin Klein model good looking. As in, I found my mind wondering what lay beneath the thin white V-neck he wore and what his shaggy sandy hair felt like to touch.

He began talking to the Midas guy enthusiastically, cracking a joke of some sort. I was still standing a mere three feet away from the guy and I could vaguely smell his musky cologne. He hadn't even looked over. I was standing right there.

"You have reached the Grey residence. We are currently unable to attend your call due to us not being home. Or us not wanting to talk to you. Probably the second one. Either way, leave a message!" my home answering machine went off.

"Mother, Father. It'd be great if you picked up the phone once in a while. I need a ride home," I said. "Oh, and CHANGE THE VOICEMAIL. It's embarassing," I added loudly before pushing the 'end' button on my phone.

"Friggin parents not picking up the friggin phone with the friggin voicemail..." I muttered under my breath.

"What's your voicemail?" I heard.

I looked up to see Mr. Attractive as Hell looking at me. I blushed immediately, especially when noting how incredibly blue his eyes were and how long his eyelashes curled up. He had an easy smirk on his lips as he leaned against the counter behind him, his arms crossed over his broad, muscular chest.

"Uhhh..." was what I said.

Yes, I know. I sounded like an incoherent bimbo fan-girl that had just met her long-lived crush Justin Bieber on the streets of L.A. after he had just said 'hi' to her.