Chapter 16

A/N: I realized this story has been lacking in the humor department for the past few chapters. So I more than compensated for that in this one! Hehe. Enjoy!

"What the hell is this?" I asked, looking at myself in the mirror.

"Your dress," Maya replied.

Maya had insisted on getting dressed together. She was still upset I wasn't coming to the dance, but she didn't want our tradition of dressing up together go to waste. So she was at my place and we were both getting ready together.

"This is disgusting," I retorted, making a disgusted face just to further prove my point.

I was wearing one of Maya's dresses that she had bought for a cousin's wedding, but never ended up wearing it. It was a silky silvery chrome colored tiered dress that had no sleeves, but a neck-line that reached my collar bone. The dress wasn't too shiny and it was actually pretty cute. But the problem was it hugged my every curve and I felt like my body was completely exposed even though it definitely wasn't.

"Well it certainly looks that way when you make that face," Maya snapped, rolling her eyes.

She stood next to me in a very pretty pale tea pink colored dress. It had a high neck-line that went up to her collar bone, but the back dipped down to midback. I liked the top portion of the dress the most. It was made of all tightly packed silky roses and there was a sash around her waist. Maya wore her hair down, but had slightly curled it, so her long, jet black tresses fell elegantly down her back. She looked gorgeous.

I, on the other hand, looked like a prostitute.

When I relayed this to Maya, she slapped my arm.

"You do not! You look high-class!" she exclaimed.

"This dress is so tight!" I exclaimed.

"It's not! It's chic!" she cried back. I frowned. "Stop pouting. You look gorgeous," she said.

"Too bad no one will be there to see it," I mumbled.

I had ran into Sean that Friday just as he was leaving for the day and I was just beginning mine.

"Leaving already?" I asked.

"I got done early," he replied. "Disappointed?" he asked, smirking slightly. I blushed.

"N-no. I was just asking..." I stuttered. He chuckled.

"Have you figured out if you're going to the dance or the preview?" he asked.

"The preview. It's a committment and if my parents taught me one thing, it's to always honor a committment," I replied.

"Oh. Bummer," he said.

"Yeah," I mumbled. "It sucks because I kind of wanted a last homecoming dance," I blurted out. I bit my lip. I didn't know why I said that. Freaking Sean. Always making me say things.

"Like you said, you're not missing much," he told me. I nodded, looking into his deep blue-green eyes. I could tell by looking into his eyes that he was thinking about something. I wondered what it was.

"Are you going to the preview?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"I'm just the paper boy," he told me, his eyes twinkling.

"I'll see you on Monday, then," I said. He smiled at me.

"Good-bye, Tori Grey," he said. I blushed and waved, walking into the studio as he walked out.