Chapter Seven - Platonic

I SUDDENLY GOT IN THE MOOD LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS

The piece is Chopin Piano Concerto no. 1 in E minor, Op. 11, Mov. 2 and will appear later in the chapter.

One of my favorites yo

It's also known as Romance (Larghetto)

~~~

Going throughout the rest of the day was dreadful. I couldn't think about anything other than Levi, and the conversation we shared that morning. Part of me wished it had gone differently, the but other part - the smarter one - knew it was perfect the way we left it. Even if my chest felt tight, and a guilty feeling remained at the pit of my stomach for the entirety of the day.

As I sat at my usual shared lunch table with Isabel and Farlan, the entire conversation replayed in my head, while I stared down at my unfinished sketch of Levi's violin, which was being done in my nature sketchbook. Recently it's pages were more Levi-related rather than nature, but I liked it that way. Each page had beauty on it, for Levi was probably the most beautiful thing I've ever saw.

The little things he did. Like twitching his head to the side in an effort to flick his dark hair out of his eyes, or even the way his lips would curl up the slightest bit when I said something surprisingly funny. Everything was done seemingly perfect, or in a way so catching I noticed it immediately, and I loved it. I loved the way he did things.

I simply loved his presence.

Even though that thought sent another wave of confusion over me, it urged me to finish my sketch, which I then shaded, signed, and dated, just as I did with all of my sketches. I pulled my arms back and overlooked the sketch, my lip curling up slightly in pride.

"You better eat something~" Isabel sang as she tossed an apple at me. I ungracefully caught it, causing Farlan to snicker. "Lunch is almost over."

I set the apple to the side, brushing Isabel's reminder off. I wasn't at all hungry; my stomach was already upset with guilt. There was no way I could bring myself to eat, not with Levi still so firmly on my mind-

"Is that my violin?" A familiar pale finger pointed at the drawing set in front of me. He was leaning over me, his other hand on my shoulder to balance himself. I nearly smirked in amusement when I realized he probably had to go on his toes to get in the position he was in.

"Yeah," I answered easily. I guess you could say I felt a little overwhelmed with his closeness, if that was even the right word. But at the same time I wanted him to be close, no matter how fast it caused my heart to beat and how annoyingly and stupidly warm it made my cheeks.

He backed off, causing me to let put a breath I wasn't aware I had been holding in. He sat himself beside me, pulling my book over and scanning the drawing. I watched him, frantically trying to figure out want he thought of it through his facial expression, but sadly it looked as it always did. Unamused and slightly annoyed.

"It's pretty good," he said suddenly. The bland way he said it didn't make it seem like a compliment, but I've been around him long enough to know it was.

I looked up at him, catching his eyes. I nearly looked away from them, but I forced myself to ignore the sharp gaze and smile crookedly, bringing the book back in my reach.

"Do you want it?" I asked, my hands getting ready to tear the single page out. I waited for an answer, but his eyes only continued to flicker between me and the drawing.

"Yeah, actually," he decided after a long moment, and he took the page from my hand, his cool fingers brushing up against my warm ones as he did. "Thanks."