Toilet Paper Excuse

MIA

I splash cold water on my face, taking a deep breath, letting it slowly exhale throughout my mouth. I turned off the running faucet after drying my face with the clean hand towel.

Soft knocks collided against the lumber door. Frightening me a bit, "Yeah?" I answered, holding the cloth close to my face.

"You've been in there for some quite of time now, is everything alright?" Harry's steady voice is muffled by the door that's closed in between us.

"Uh, y-yeah, I'll be out in a second!" I stammer, folding the dampened towel back on the rank. I stared at myself in the mirror, making sure I look ethical and fitting before exiting the bathroom. I picked around my face and fluffed my hair a bit, adding one less detail; Lip gloss. My tight floral dress was bunched up a bit, so I patted it down, straightening it out to perfection. Turning off the light, I withdrawn from the garnish bathroom.

Entering through the hallway, there was a sudden firm grasp on arm, pulling me against a broad chest. Before I could let out a petrifying screech, a large hand covered my mouth. "Shhh, it's okay, Mia."  I yanked back, hitting Jasper on the arm, he let's out a fake yelp; of course it not causing him any actual physical pain.

"What are you doing?" I sternly interrogate, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I miss you, Mia." he whines, tugging me towards his chest again, hugging me. His hands skim down to my bum, giving a light squeeze. I push back, disregarding his whines and actions. "You don't miss me, you miss the thrill and ardor I give to you."

He rolled his eyes, throwing his head back, "Come on Mia, you know I love you." he takes my hand, bringing it up to his lips, kissing my skin softly. I smile at the sweet gesture, "Oh yeah?" I intimidate, leaning into his face.

"Yeah," his raspy voice whispers into my ear, he began kissing my ear lobe, moving down to my jawline. "Yeah— I don't think so," I smirk, shoving his shoulder.

"What is your deal?" he groans, leaning back up on the wall, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his blue jeans. I took a glimpse of Harry, sitting at the dinner table with Anne, Angie and Kristina.

"You know, I saw the way you were looking at him." he says, scratching the back of his head, eyes filled with disappointment.

"What?" I breathed, biting the inside of my cheek, trying not to panic about him finding out my little crush on Harry.

"Don't play dumb, Mia. I saw the way you looked at him; the way you used to look at me." Jasper sighs, "You stare into his eyes like you see yourself in his future and how your cheeks get rosy and all flushed like—how you couldn't hold your walls and say no to his salad. You hate tomatoes."

"Oh, so, just because we've fucked multiple times, you think you know everything about me?" I frowned, playing with the back of my earring; the fake gold made my ear holes irritated.

"You tend to forget that we grew up together,"

"Guys, what the fuck are you doing? Your food is cold and my parents are getting suspicious." Kristina sneaks around the corner, startling the both of us. Annoyance and anger flashed in her brown eyes as she sees how close we are. She gets in between us, separated the small space that lingered among Jasper and I.

"Kristina, I swear nothing was going on between us." I blurted.

"That's doesn't matter, just get your asses to the table!" she whispered-yelled at her brother and I. I quickly follow behind my best friend and Jasper tailing along into the dining room, preparing ourselves for explanations.

"Jasper, Mia, what took you guys so long?" Angie frowns, picking up the dirty plates from the dinner table. I could see out the corner of my eye that Harry's head snapped up at the sound of my name. I didn't dare to look at him, I could feel his dark eyes gaze at me, his stare burning a hole right through me. My cheeks began to flush as it felt the atmosphere around me thickened. My blood was rushing through my veins like I took a drug and everything felt like I was on cloud nine.

He acknowledged my compassion and neurotic behavior. Not only did he sense it, he saw it. I'm sure my facial expressions gave off a flattering desire for my secret devotion of a thirty-seven year old. Harry smirked at me, waiting for an answer that I couldn't contemplate of.

"I-i was just checking up on Mia. Kristina got worried so, she sent me to go check on her." Jasper lied, nudging my shoulder for support and telling me to go along with the fib.

I nodded my head a minute after he touched me, "I- uh needed toilet paper.. so, Jasper, luckily came to the rescue."

Low chuckles erupted from the corner of the room, all of our heads snapped directly to Harry. "That's ridiculous, I came and checked on you too and you said you were alright."

"I know, I was just embarrassed." I peered down at the carpet, avoiding visual communication with Harry– with anyone in the room. I then dismissed myself to go to Kristina's room. I made my way up the staircase, entering my best friend's bedroom.

"Hey, Mia?" Harry's questioned, entering his step daughter's room right behind me. "Yes, Mr. Styles?" I responded, forcing all of my attention on him, rather than on my phone screen.

"There's something I've been wanting to do all night," he says, now invading in Kristina's room, inching closer and closer to me.

I locked my iPhone, placing it on the bed, "What is it?" I pondered, gawking up at him, "This," he says, before I could react, his lips gently slammed onto mine.

"Hello?? Mia?" Kristina said, waving her hands in front of my gazed face. "Huh?" I gulped, snapping out of my daydream. Wow— Am I really daydreaming about Harry.. I didn't even notice Tina coming in.

"Umm, what was that?" Her voice was firm and she had her hands on both of her hips. If I didn't know, Tina seemed a bit.. concerned. It didn't help that she's already on edge about her little run in on me and Jasper tonight.

"What was what?" I sat up quickly.

"You better have not been daydreaming about Jasper." She rolls her eyes, "I thought I made it clear that you guys can't date if we're friends."

I crossed my arms, "Tina, Jasper and I are over. I swear." I huffed.

***

Comment/Vote if you want! ♡