It's Just a Kiss

HARRY

The car ride seemed incredibly long for a twelve minute drive. I think it was more because I am very much exhausted from my long day at work rather than the driving itself. Mia sat with her body disengaged and position towards the car door; legs and arms both crossed. I could tell she was embarrassed from the awkward encounter of them walking in- or, of me walking in on them.. either way, it was something I least expected giving the fact Kristina made it clear that she didn't want her best friend and brother 'hooking up' again.

Not that it was my business.

"You missed the turn." Mia mumbled.

"No, I didn't."

Of course I missed the turn. If I wasn't so freakishly tired, I would've never made that mistake. Good thing there was a light up here where I can make a U-turn.

At the light, I glanced over at Mia. She was now on her phone, texting, I presume would be Jasper. I know it's none of my business but I couldn't help but wonder when they decided to try again at this.. whatever they call it, relationship?

"So.. I didn't know you and Jasper.. were back at it again." I said, keeping my eyes on the road. Guess I'm just attempting to spark up a conversation since I added four extra minutes to the ride.

"We're.." she trailed off, "It's complicated."

"How so, can't you guys just say you like each other and move on?" The light turned green and I proceeded to make the U-turn. There weren't many cars on the road at this time, so I decided to press a bit more firmly on the gas pedal to speed up this uneventful drive.

She scoffs at my response and continues to mindlessly scroll on her instagram. I'm more or less missing the issue here and decided to continue the silence between us.

MIA

God I have never been so embarrassed. The plan was to sneak in with Jasper and do a quickie and then he was going to take me back home. This wasn't supposed to end like this. Now, I'm being forced to share a car with a literal heartthrob.

As he turns into my neighborhood, I can feel the nerves at the pit of my stomach crawl up my throat. As humiliating as it's been tonight, I am not ready to leave this vehicle and go inside my house. Jasper is just someone to fuck, but I wanted Harry.

This could be the only time I am alone with him. No Kristina. No Jasper. No Angie. I knew I needed to admit my feelings to him before it was too late but I never had the perfect moment— nor did I have the guts. But I guess the only way I want him in my guts, I gotta invite him in.

He pulls into my driveway, "And so we're here." He grins.

I met gaze with him as he informed me that we've arrived and I couldn't have been more ready to throw up my dinner right now. His forest-green eyes twinkled from the lights on my house that gleamed through the car windshield. His long hair sat perfectly a-bit above his shoulders and his white-T fitted snug against his arms and chest. My mouth begin to water a bit the more I stare.

"Do you need help?" Harry's thick accent catches me off guard from my deepen gaze.

I ripped my eye contact away, staring at my house. "Yes," I chuckled. Jeez, Do I need help. He's one who's obviously unhappy in his marriage.

He stares at me, tilting his head a bit and raising his eyebrow in confusion. "Mia-" I cut him off by leaning in to plop a kiss on his lips. He grasp my cheeks into his large hands, his wedding band feels cold on my sweltering skin as he slides his warm tongue into my mouth. I shifted my body onto my knees, leaning more onto the middle arm rest to deepen the kiss. This heated moment only lasted a few more seconds before he pulled away. His eyes full of shame before he looks down at his cellphone that is vibrating in his front pocket of his jeans. I leaned back down in the seat, breathing in short breaths.

I can't believe I just did that.

"Hello?" His voice cracks into this speaker.

I can see he's physically nervous as he's listening to the person on the other line of the phone call. I'll take a guess and assume it's his wife, Angie. He has been gone for half an hour and she's most likely concerned why he hasn't made it back home yet.

"Yes, I am on my way home now." He gulps, looking back at me.

He ends the phone call and breathes out in disbelief. Resting his head into his hands and fanning out his fingers into his hair.

"Harry," I whispered.

"Do you know what you just did?" He asks, pressing his knuckles firmly against his closed mouth.

"You kissed me back." I defended.

"I'm married." The guilt is thick in his voice.

"I know. I was at the wedding." I reminded him. The wedding band was also pressed against my cheek a few moments ago too.

He sighs in response. Awkwardness and guilt polluted the air in this small space. If he was happily married, he wouldn't have kissed me back.

"Harry, don't act like you're happy with her."

"I am happy with her."

I rolled my eyes at his fib. Everyone knows he's secretly unhappy in his marriage. Probably why this is Angie's fourth marriage.

"If I invited you inside right now, would you come with me?" I challenge him, raising an eyebrow at him.

He opens his mouth to say something, but instead he quickly presses his lips firmly together. His eyes lower as he stares straight into my soul and a deep chuckle erupted from his mouth. The burning on my cheeks leaves them a light shade of pink as he laughs at my gesture. How could this grown ass man find humor in this very serious situation. I kissed him and now just invited him inside and all he can do is laugh?

"You have no idea what you're getting yourself into." He says, almost threatening.

I'm taken back a bit as the words slip from his lips.

Harry leans in, closely to my ear. "If my wife wasn't expecting me to be on my way soon, I would gladly follow you into your home and fuck you." His raspy voice melts into my eardrum causing my spine to shiver.

I picked up my jaw and gulped at his choice of words. I never expected to see this side of Harry.

"Okay." I uttered. The only word I could even choke out before grabbing my bag and climbing out of the passenger seat. I glanced down at him, he was displaying a smirk clear as day before I shut the door. I walked, up to my front door, peeking at his vehicle one last time and i waved him off before entering through the front door.

What a fucking night.