Kristina's Awakening

MIA

It had been roughly two weeks since I have seen or heard from Harry. I wondered if he was avoiding me. Was he regretting that night?

I couldn't stay too stuck in my head as that would end up pushing me over the edge. He's an adult, who has a career, and who is also married. It would make sense that he wouldn't be constantly texting me. I can't be glued down to a married man.

But he should do his part, too? I mean he did show up at my house and performed oral sex on me — just to never text me back. Seems inconsiderate.

I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose and placed the stack of neatly folded shirts into my dresser drawer. I checked my phone to see if I had received any messages from Harry, but none. In fact— he has left me on read since the last time I messaged him— which was of that night. I pressed the back button on the screen and watched as Jasper's name popped up at the top of my messages list.

Jasper: R u home?

I pressed the lock button and tossed my phone onto my bed. I shouldn't be the one to talk as I been avoiding Jasper, too. And, I did in-fact regret hooking up with him.

It's Saturday night— that means— Kristina called in for a girls night in. I was expecting her to show up in her baby pink silky pajamas and the worlds largest suitcase any minute. Each and every time she stays over, it's like she's vacationing overseas. She brings twelve different pairs of outfits along with twelve different pairs of shoes. Magazines, nail polish, you name it.

As I come back upstairs from getting a glass of water, I am greeted by Jasper. I nearly jumped out of my slippers once I realized a shadow was lingering behind my sheer curtains. I sat the glass down on my dresser and marched over to my window, pulling back the curtains. My eyes widen at the sight and I reach forward to open up my window.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered out of annoyance.

He sloppily climbs into my room, catching himself with his hands on the floor. I stood back with my hands on my hips, eyeing him down. He climbs up my roof, shows up at my window and makes a incredibly noticeable entrance into my bedroom. What else could go wrong?

Jasper uses the window ledge to help himself back up on his feet. "Why have you been avoiding me?"

I turned my head away from him and shifted onto my other foot. I couldn't just tell him that I was choosing Harry over him. Harry and I aren't even together. Jasper and I aren't even together. I turned back to look at Jasper. Confusion and desperation flooded his brown eyes. He crossed his arms against his chest and leaned onto the window ledge, waiting for me to respond to him.

"You need to leave. We'll talk about this another time." I huffed.

His eyes widen at me. He quickly lifted himself off the ledge and took a step to the side. I was taken back by his reaction. The door slammed behind and I froze in my spot.

"Well, well, well, who knew that my backstabbing bitch of a best friend— was once again, screwing my brother. Behind my back." Kristina's spits, her voice laced with attitude.

I closed my eyes. Breathing out in complete embarrassment. I turned around, now facing a now distressed Kristina. She was wearing her usual silk baby pink pajamas, with bunny slippers. Along side was her oversized suitcase and her blanket and pillow attached to it. She must have been sneaking up the stairs as I did not hear her luggage rolling on the wooden floors. Just as I stood correctly,"Tina, It's not what—" I'm cut off by Jasper.