A lot of Hypothetical

MIA

Light knocking collides against my bedroom door. I adjusted my glasses as I shifted on my bed with my english textbook in my lap. "Come in?" I gently say, removing my glasses to clean them. Expecting my mother to open my bedroom door to inform me that dinner was ready but instead, a familiar, soft-featured face appeared in front of me.

"Jasper?" I gulped, squinting my eyes towards the figure standing at my door. I placed my glasses back onto my face.

"What are you doing here?" I inquired once again.

"I miss you, Mia." He murmurs, inching closer to my bed.

Did he really come all the way over here to confess his undying love for me? Was he not aware of my desirable feelings for Harry?

"Say something." He pleaded, kneeling down at the edge of my bed.

"We can't-" My lip begins to quiver.

"And why not?" He stands up to his feet, crossing his arms against his chest.

Not only would Kristina simply disown me if she were to find out again about a secret relationship with her brother, but also, because I grew out of childish boys. I wanted a man. I wanted Harry.

"Kristina wouldn't allow it." I provoked, turning my head away from his stance.

He rolls his eyes, "She's not your mother."

"Okay. Well, maybe I'm just not into you."

"Oh, but you had no problem slugging down this dick last year." He scoffs.

I knitted my brows together. I was in no way to deny such a vulgar, but true accusation. Disgusted— that he could even say that without any remorse. I know it's the truth but I feel better not hearing it. Besides, this was last year. I've changed.

"Okay. So, hypothetically, what if I did give you another chance?"

"Its not hypothetical." He frowns, "I'm not here to get played."

"So then why are you here?" I rolled my eyes. He can't be serious. Our flings weren't even a commitment within itself. I'm pretty sure he was sleeping around with the whole high school at the time. While I was shortly falling head over heels with his stepfather. I knew I had to end things with Jasper.

"Because— I- I am in love with you." He sputtered, as his hands fly towards his mouth. The words flew off his tongue and smacked me so hard in the face.

Jasper? In love? I used my textbook to cover my face to hide the amusing look I had plastered. A giggle escapes my lips and before I realized it, he snatched the textbook from my grasp. He grabs my cheeks into the palms of his hands and presses his lips against mine. In defeat, I kissed him back. I would be lying if I said I wasn't into the kiss. Would it really be all that harmful if I take back Jasper?

Jasper pulls away, "Hypothetically, if you gave me another chance, you certainly wouldn't regret it." He smirks, winking at me.

Hypothetically, I would.

HARRY

"Babe, could you bring me up a glass of water." Angie shouts from upstairs. The microwave beeps just a moment after her request. I grabbed the hot plate out from the microwave and stabbed my fork into the chicken. I just arrived home about eleven minutes ago and this woman got the nerve to request a glass of water. She's lucky this chicken tastes so damn good. I obliged quickly, grabbing a clean glass from the cupboard and pouring the filtrated water out from the refrigerator.

I headed out of the kitchen, using my elbow to turn off the lights before heading upstairs. Just then, the front door unlocks and Jasper is hunched over, whispering quiet, as he reveals himself and what appears to be a girl behind the door. Her and my eyes locked and a small gasp escapes her mouth.

"Oh, well hello Mia.. and Jasper. Whatcha guys up to... at 11:43 at night?" Jasper freezes at the sound of my voice.

"I- I uh, didn't expect you to be down here." He replies.

"I can see that." I smirked. "Okay, well I am going to go upstairs and finish my dinner." I shook my head at them and headed my way up to mine and my wives bedroom.

I was a bit surprised to see Mia sneaking in with Jasper. For a second, I was starting to get the idea she was developing a bit of a crush on me. I am a happily married man but I wouldn't lie if you asked me if I had any promiscuous thoughts about Mia. The way she attempted to seduce me at the frozen yogurt place or the way she flutters her eyelashes and blushes lightly when I make conversation with her. I handed Angie her glass of water and sat on the bed, eating the leftovers.

"What took you so long?" Angie asks after gulping down water.

"I ran into Jasper downstairs," I chewed the broccoli throughly, "and you know him and Mia are a thing again?"

She lowered her book and darted her eyes at me, "You saw our son downstairs with Mia and you didn't tell her to go home?" She muttered lowly.

I swallowed the remainder of the chewed food, "Was I supposed to.." I didn't see the issue here, Jasper is about nineteen years old and I trust him and Mia will be responsible.

"Harry." Angie groans.

"Alright, alright. I'll go tell him to take her home."

"No, you take her home. Tell him he needs to come see me." She demands, taking another sip from her water cup.

I held my annoyed groan in. It's midnight and she wants me to leave home again to take Jasper's girlfriend home.. when he can do it. I walked over to Jaspers bedroom door and knocked gently.

"Come in," Mia spoke lightly.

I cracked open the door that revealed Mia's precious brown face. She sat at the edge of Jasper's bed, her shoes hanging off the bed.

"Where's Jasper?" I asked, scanning around his small room.

"I'm right here," He chimes in behind me. "Is there something you need?" He follows up.

"Yeah, your mother is requesting me to take Mia home and, she needs to speak with you." I licked my lips, a small grin appears afterwards.

"No, why can't I just take her home?" He argues.

"I don't know, ask your mother."

He sighs walking over to Mia and plants a kiss on her cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow then?" He asks.

She nodded in response and stood up from the bed, retrieving her small bag and cellphone. Jasper glares at me as he stomps out of the room into his mother's room.

Mia and I exchanged smiles and she begins to blush as I ruffled my hair back into place. "Alrighty, well let's get going." I ushered her downstairs and out the front door.