Chapter 4 ~ Fire?

As Diablo and I left the steakhouse it began to rain. Streets were becoming shiny with water, people were running about.

"Do you mind if I walk you home?" Diablo asked,

"I guess but we better hurry I think this is going to get worse," I replied pointing up, Diablo smiled a little and we ran together to my apartment. With every step we took the rain got worse, my hair was wet and sticking to my neck and face. Diablo's sweatshirt was soaking wet, we both rushed through the revolving doors.

Diablo chuckled and we were both breathing heavily. I motioned for Diablo to follow me

"You can come in if you want," I said

"Oh no I think I'm good I don't want to overwhelm you we did just meet yesterday," Diablo said

"It's okay, I think it's going to hail soon and I don't want you to be out in that weather," I protested, Diablo shook his head and smiled

"Alright," Diablo said, I pushed the up button on the elevator. Immediately the door opened welcoming us into it. Diablo stood next to me, I pressed the top floor button and we headed upwards. "wow you must have really sweet view,"

"Yeah it's pretty nice," I said, in the following seconds the elevator doors revealed my apartment.

"This whole place is nice," Diablo said, awe clearly in his voice. I shrugged and walked over and flopped on my couch. I tried to turn on the television but it seemed the power was out. I groaned, but I was interrupted by a light. I saw it for a moment out of the corner of my eye.

I quickly looked to the side and saw Diablo holding fire.

"Diablo!" I yelled, rushing over wondering how the hell he had managed to create a fire. Diablo looked at me and the flame quickly went out.

"Shit," he muttered under his breath,

"Were you just holding fire?" I asked, cautiously I approached Diablo.

"N-no," he stuttered

"You were!" I accused, a smile tugging at the corners of my mouth. "Do it again!"

"Um okay," Diablo held out his hands, an orange flame danced across his hands. I gasped,

"Woah," I said, Diablo quickly smothered the flame and looked at me. Everything went black,

The power seemed to be out.

"Damn," Diablo said quietly. He reignited the flame in his hand, providing a warm glow to my apartment.

"Well I guess we are stuck here," I sighed attempting to call up the elevator. Much to my dismay the button deemed useless.

"Yep," Diablo walked over to my coffee table and lit the candle sitting there.

"Hey I'll go get more candles," I announced running to my closet. I grabbed out a bunch of different non smelling candles.

I ran to my room and grabbed a blanket and pillow.

"Hey Diablo I have more candles and some stuff for you to-" I walked into a sleeping Diablo, he was passed out on my couch. I laughed a little to myself and covered Diablo with the blanket.

I used the flame of the already lit candle to light some other candles. I took two or three into my room and flopped on my perfectly made bed.

Hopefully the power would be back on by morning.

But now I just need some sleep.