Chapter 5 ~ Still Stuck

I awoke to a rather dismal aura. Skies were grey, my apartment was cold, and really, really, quiet. I swung my feet over the edge of my queen sized bed and stood up. Walking over to my drawers, I put on a pair of warm socks and headed into the living room. Diablo was still passed out on my couch. Moments of last night flashed through my mind, a smile was brought to my face.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to make breakfast yet, I didn't want any food to be cold by the time Diablo woke up. He could heat it back up. I snickered, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms. Diablo shifted on the couch, oh no did I wake him up?

I immediately spun in the direction of the kitchen trying to look as if I hadn't stopped and laughed. I looked at the oven, no time was displayed on it, which told me the power was still out. I wondered why though, normally the power would be back on by now, or the backup generator would be on. 

I shivered, it was surprisingly cold outside since the rain and wind replaced the warm weather. Extremely confused I decided to wake Diablo up myself. I made my way into the living room and stood in front of Diablo.

"Hey wake up," I said poking his shoulder, Diablo opened his eyes a little and looked up at me. 

"Mmf," was all I got for a response

"Well since you won't get up I'm just going to tell you this now, so the power is still out. Anyway, I don't know how long we will be stuck up here, because the backup generator isn't turning on." I explained, Diablo nodded and turned away from me.

I rolled my eyes and went to go find a book to read. I decided I wanted to read some fantasy so I could try to get in the mood for writing. I picked up The Hobbit and Harry Potter. These two books were given to me by my publisher. 

She told me these book were some of the most popular. I didn't really have a huge interest in them, but... wait.

Couldn't El Diablo hold fire? That would be a perfect idea! I could have a bunch of kids go on some sort of adventure. Only they obtain magical powers as a consequence, for, uh? Oh whatever, I'll figure something out! 

I sprinted across my apartment to my desk, Diablo looked up. I scrambled to get my paper and pen before my "magnificent" idea could escape from the grasp of my mind. 

I began scribbling down different ideas, small descriptions following each one. A huge grin was plastered on my face, I was so happy with finding a subject I'll enjoy writing about. About four pages in I decided to send a picture to my publisher.

"Look, what, I, got, done, today, I, am, proud, of, myself," I muttered under my breath as I texted. My fingers silently tapped on the screen. Once the small word delivered showed up under the picture I waited for an answer. 

I'm surprised, is this really yours?

 Yes, it is. :)

I'm really proud, can we meet for coffee sometime this week? Bring your ideas, I want to go over them.

Sounds good how about Wednesday at 8:30? 

I'll be there, can we meet at Panera Bread

Yes, I have to go my phone is going to die and the power is out

Alright I look forward to seeing you!

You too!

I put my phone down and laughed. 

"Yes!" I yelled, Diablo was standing behind me. I turned around in my chair and immediately apologized, "Oh sorry, I'm not used to having company,"

"No you're fine but," Diablo paused picking up one of the papers "Your ideas have a lot to do with fire,"

"Oh yeah well remember I'm supposed to write about fantasy? Well you gave me huge inspiration." I noticed my alarm clock was blinking 12:00. Which meant the power was back on. I stood up and ran to the elevator. I pressed the small circular button, it lit up and the elevator doors opened all of the way. 

Finally, the power is back on.