The truth.

"Well, the tests have concluded that... Josh, I'm sorry. You are infertile. Not completely. There is still a chance that you two could one day conceive a child. But it is highly unlikely."

Josh's POV

No. No this can't be. "A-are you sure?" I said, tears rolling down my cheeks. The doctor gave a sad nod. I looked over at Colleen. She had tears in her eyes, but she wasn't crying yet. She grabbed me and hugged me tightly. My shirt balled up in her fists. "I'm so sorry." I half whispered. "Don't be." She said. I could tell she was crying now. I hate that I made her cry. She's crying and it's my fault.

Colleen's POV

When the doctor told us it was Josh who was infertile, I was almost relieved. At least I knew it wasn't my fault. I was guilt-free. Is that awful? That's an awful thing to say. Oops. I felt really bad for Josh though. This whole time I thought it was me. I guess maybe he did too. He didn't seem to think it was him. That makes it even worse. But I don't care. We WILL have a baby. One way or another. So when we got home I started researching orphanages. I found this one that was for girls. Josh and I had discussed adopting a little girl. The orphanage was called Central Nevada Girls' Orphanage. I called the number posted on the website and spoke to a woman apparently named Christy Gray.

CG - Christy Gray
CBE - Colleen Ballinger-Evans

CG - Hello! Central Nevada Girls' Orphanage! Christy speaking.
CBE - Umm hi. I am calling because I want to look into adoption.
CG - That's great! I'll just need some information...

So after I talked to this way-too-happy woman for 45 minutes, I had a date scheduled for a meeting and possible adoption. I was going to meet 6 girls. All 3 years old. I was really excited. And Joshua couldn't have been happier. We would be there in a week.