I'm sorry

Colleen

     While we were on our way home I got a call from Josh
C: Hey...
J: Hey. I'm just calling to let you know I've spoken to my lawyers and I'm going to fight for full custody of Chloe.
C: What?
J: Court date is November 2. 9:00 am. Bring the best lawyer you can find because I'm fighting hard for this.
C: Josh why are you doing this?
J: I love Chloe, Colleen, and she's just as much mine as she is yours.
C: But why not try for split custody?
J: No kid needs to go through that. I'm just looking out for what's best for our daughter. Anyway, that's all. Bye
     Then he hung up. I turned to Chloe as tears welled up in my eyes and said "I'm so sorry baby." While hugging her in her car seat. I don't want to lose her and I don't want to put her through this.
     We got home and I got Chloe out of her car seat and carried her to my bedroom and just hugged the living crap out of her. "Daddy wants to take you from me. But I won't let that happen" she started crying too and before long we were both a wreck.
     Rachel came knocking on my door soon. "Are you okay?" She asked me, looking very concerned. "Josh wants full custody." I said, looking down at my feet that were hanging off the side of the bed. Chloe had fallen asleep. "Crap." Was the only thing she said before running back to the living room and showing up again moments later with Kory at her side. "Oh my gosh Colleen. What are we gonna do?" The only thing I could choke out were three words "I don't know."