Home Sweet Home

Colleen's POV

It was a long drive home back to LA. Chloe slept the entire time. Joshua and I kept talking about the future and Chloe's future. When we finally pulled into our driveway at 7:36 p.m, I picked up Chloe out of the the car seat, accidentally waking her. "Hey Chloe, sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." She looked at me with her big blue eyes and said something that made my heart burst. "It's okay. I love you mommy." I immediately started tearing up and she frowned. "I'm sorry... Colleen" "No. No. It's okay. They're happy tears. You don't have to call me Colleen. You can call me whatever you want." I said, still crying. "Okay... Mommy?" I just smiled at her and hugged her probably too tight.

Chloe's POV

When we got inside the house, momma sat me down on the couch. She squatted down in front of me with daddy next to her. "Okay, so we need to get to know you better." I nodded. We went through a series of questions and answers as momma and daddy tried to get to know me better. I think it went really well. Until I said I hated sushi. I thought momma was gonna cry. Afterwards, momma showed me to a big room upstairs painted lavender purple. My favorite color. Even though they didn't know that until just minutes before. The room was beautiful with a bed that was 20 times the size of mine back in Nevada. "Okay, we are going shopping tomorrow okay?" She said. "Okay." I replied. The biggest smile ever on my face.

Sorry. Short chapter. Oops. But I've updated like 5 times today so whatever. Thanks for reading. Hope you are enjoying it!