Chapter five: The cool red-haired dude

Gaara was always my favorite character! So I really was excited to write this chapter! :D Here's a cute picture of Gaara when he was a kid >>>>>>

     Kya, Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto and Kakashi stayed inside a small cave as the wind blew loudly from outside. They were only a few kilometers away from the Sand Village but unfortunately, there was a sand storm. Sasuke was lost in his thoughts as usual while Sakura was desperately trying to catch his attention. Naruto kept on whining on why did the storm take forever to go away and Kakashi was happily reading his perverted book. Kya was sitting Indian style and her back was resting against the wall as she stared at the third piece that they recently got.

     Kya was more determined than ever to get the remaining pieces and she was determined to protect it, even if she has to put her life on the line. She promised herself that she would do this for the sake of her clan especially her parents. If she doesn't fulfill her mission, then she thinks that she doesn't have a reason to exist. And just like Naruto, she would never take back on her word. Kya was wearing a different outfit this time, she knew that her usual clothing was inappropriate for the situation, so luckily on the way she was able to buy new clothes. She was wearing a short purple vest like blouse with a raised collar, a purple apron skirt that is cut off on the sides and bandages on her stomach and legs. She also wore purple and white elbow warmers with this, and purple ninja shoes. 

      "Hey! It stopped!" Naruto yelled, catching the attention of everyone in the cave. All heads turn to him and quickly got their things to go out and continue their journey. As they walked for hours, Kya hummed the song her mother used to sing to her every night when she was younger. Sasuke glanced at her, arching an eyebrow. She kept on humming that song ever since they left the land of the waves and it was kind of getting on his nerves.

     "Would you stop that?" He asked in a rude tone. Kya shot him a death glare.

     "Stop what?"

     "That."

     "What?"

     "Humming. It's so irratating, it's been the same song over and over. Don't you get tired of it?" 

     "The only thing that's irratating here is your haircut, Sasuke. Don't you ever get tired of it?" Kya mocked, using his words against him. Sasuke huffed and narrowed his eyes at her before muttering something to himself, it was probably a mean insult. "What did you just say?!" Kya demanded, she was shooting daggers at him internally. "If looks could kill...then my life would be much easier." She thought.

     "Nothing much, I just said that you're annoying and not worth my time." 

     Anger was welling up inside of her as she clenched her fists. "You are so asking for it!" She yelled angrily. She was about to clobber him until Kakashi grabbed her by the collar, stopping her. She tried to hit him by moving her hands and feet frantically but Kakashi had a really tight grip. "Let me go!!" She demanded as Sasuke grinned smugly.

     "I would hate to interrupt your little feud, but the sand village is just ahead of us." Sakura chimed in, 'causing Kakashi, Kya and Sasuke to look before them. Kakashi immediately let go of her and Kya stood up straight to gaze at it. She was here. She would soon have in her hands the fourth piece. Without thinking, Naruto and Kya ran toward the entrance at the same time. Kakashi let out a sigh and shook his head. It was obvious that they'll do something rash like that. They finally stopped when a sand village ninja walked in front of them.

     "Who are you?" He asked in a stern voice.

     "Leaf shinobi, we're here on a mission. I'm sure lady hokage has already informed you that." Kakashi answered in his usual calm, nonchalant voice as he pointed at his forehead protector. The ninja grunted before stepping sideways for them to go through. After the chunin exams and the death of their Kazekage and Konoha's third Hokage, the alliance between the two villages became stronger. He led them to the village where he brought them to Gaara, Temari and Kankurou, who are their escorts.