Chapter nine: The bitter truth

Recap: 

     The man finally stepped into the light, 'causing everybody to become tense and frantic. Naruto clenched his teeth and balled his hands into a tight fist at the sight of this man. 

     "Orochimaru."

     "Kya, you have grown more and more beautiful and powerful everytime I see your adorable little face." Orochimaru said with a hiss. "Your mother really is loyal and kind enough to offer me her only beloved daughter." His long snake-like tongue licked his thin lips like he would usually do when he sees something appealing to him. 

     Kya scowled in confusion. What is he talking about? "What do you mean?" She asked, the word 'confusion' was written all over her face. 

   Orochimaru chuckled in amusement. "Silly child, I can't believe you easily believed in your mother's lies." He said while shaking his head in disapproval. "And I thought you were smart." 

     "Just get with the point already." She said through clenched teeth. So many questions roamed around her mind like: What does he want? What does he know about her mother? And what on earth is he talking about? 

    "Remember the warm hugs, the soft kisses and the "I love you”s she would say to you every day before?" He said, eyeing her closely. "Well that was just an act, a lie. Truth is your mother never loved you from the beginning. She simply thought you were a burden; a simple gum stuck beneath her shoe."

     "You're lying!" Kya yelled as she shook her head furiously. "My mother would never do that!" Kya knew that her mother couldn't have just acted that all. Her acts of love and kindness were so sincere; it couldn't just be a lie. 

    "Well you don't know her that well, child. Have you ever wondered why she hurt you when you were three?" He asked. Images of that dreadful day flashed before her eyes 'causing her stomach to suddenly hurt. She yelped in pain and held her stomach. An evil grin formed Orochimaru's lips. "Yes, she sealed the demon, Mira, inside of you. Want to know why? Because when you're old enough you will soon serve as a vessel for me, just like what your mother did willingly."

    Kya shook her head, trying not to believe in a single word he says. "You're wrong! My—" She cut herself short when she saw her mother's beautiful face on Orochimaru's body. A look of horror crossed her face as her whole body started to tremble. "She planned this all to happen. She planned for you to find the five stones for me and she also planned the night of the massacre of her clan. Remember when a sound shinobi attacked all of you on the way to the land of the waves? She hired him to come and attack on that exact day and try to kill everyone except you. She wanted you to awaken your inner demon."

     "No...I..." In a blink of an eye, Orochimaru was in front of Kya. He wrapped his cold, icy fingers on her wrist and her mother's memories of that night came flooding back to her... 

     Kya's mother, Asuka, and her husband, Reiko, stared at each other before they walked to the door. They held hands as they did. Asuka secretly pulled out a knife from her pocket and took a deep, shaky breath. Her stomach started to knot and she suddenly felt something heavy in her chest. It was now or never. 

     Everything seemed to happen in slow motion, after one swift movement, the knife went through her husband's side, and hitting a vital organ as crimson blood was dripping from it. Reiko didn't know what had happened at first. Then the dull aching seemed to burn, spreading from his side to every particle of his body. It was like he was on fire. 

     He looked down at the gaping wound now oozing blood, his eyes wide and fearful. He had not been prepared for this. His throat seemed to tighten, making it impossible to let out any noise. He couldn't even scream. He dropped to his knees as his fingers fumbled clumsily with the cut now making his insides scream. He slowly looked up at his wife. He couldn't believe that the woman he loved and cherished would actually be the one who would end his life.