Chapter eight: The past that she wishes to replay

Kya froze once she saw that her once beautiful and peaceful village was now a mess; the houses she used to pass by everday were either destroyed or turned into ashes. The school where she used to study and the stores where she would usually go to was now turned into a pile of rubble. All the people she has known for all her life was now gone like the wind. They went to her village because in the clue, it said: "Go back to the village, and once you're there, go to the place that has the color beige." Kya suggested the idea and led the way to her village. Tears formed her big, beautiful, blue eyes as she continued to look around. She hoped with all her heart that she would at least find a sign of life. She walked around the place until she saw her old home. A single tear rolled down her cheek as memories of that home and her parents came flooding back to her...

     "Mother! Mother!" Kya called cheerfully with a big smile on her face. She was just eight years old. Her long silver hair was tied up in pigtails and her attire is a sleeveless, ankle-length maroon dress with a pleated skirt. The chest is adorned by a large, pink bow, and similarly colored trimmings frame the rather ample neckline, acting as straps, and circle around the waist. Her beautiful mother sat at the door of their house with her arms outstretched, welcoming Kya to hug her. 

     "Mother! I—" She cut herself short when suddenly her foot connected with one of the rocks on the ground, and she stumbled and plummeted to the ground, her skin on her knee ripped off, and blood began to trickle down her lower leg. She yelled in pain as tears formed her eyes. She bit her lip, forcing herself not to cry. Her mother ran as quick as possible to her wounded child and bent down beside her to help her up.

     Kya sat in their living room, in front of her mother. Her wounded knee was rested on a pillow while her mother was examining it. Her mother placed a medicine on her wound that stung really badly. Kya yelped in pain then she bit her lower lip, holding her tears back. Her mother looked at her daughter confused. "Why are you holding back your tears?" She asked. 

     "I'm a shinobi in training!" She exclaimed happily. "And the rules of a shinobi clearly state that you must not show any emotion whatever the situation is." She recited seriously. "We're not supposed to cry because crying is a sign of weakness." 

     Her mother stopped what she was doing and put a hand on her daughter's shoulder. "Foolish child, crying isn't a sign of weakness. It just goes to show that you're alive." She said before leaning and kissing her daughter's forehead. "And besides you're just with me and not in the battle field. Don't be embarrassed when you cry. I've seen your naked butt thousands of times already. Now, tell me, what's more embarrassing?" 

     "Mom!" Kya yelled and folded her arms across her chest as she blushed from embarrassment. 

    "I'm just kidding." Her mother said as she finished wrapping her knee with a bandage. "There, you're all done." She announced. Kya looked down at her leg and moved it from left to right, she didn't feel that much pain anymore. "Do you feel better now?" She asked in a sweet, motherly tone.

      Kya nodded, smiling. "Thank you so, so much mom!" 

     Kya stared blankly at her old and destroyed home. Fortunately it was still standing. How could this happen? She knew that the people of her clan were good and kind people. Who could even do something so cruel to so many innocent people. "Are you okay?" Naruto's voice caught her attention. Kya nodded in reply without looking at him. Naruto followed her gaze to see what she was looking at. Naruto's tilted his head in confusion. "Hey was that your home?" He asked.

     "Yea—" She cut herself short when she heard something coming from the house. Kya quickly rushed inside while wishing it was her parents. "Mother! Father! Are you there?" She called desperately as Naruto followed inside. They heard the noise again from the upper floor.