Chapter 18

I sighed as everyone ate dinner around me in silence, the events of the morning still haunting us.

Elise estimated that I had been about eight days along after checking me over, an Alpha female's pregnancy only lasted twelve weeks, so the pup had just began developing. Elise said she could tell my body was healing already, but I hated that.

I watched the condensation roll off my glass in beads, wetting the coaster beneath it as I thought of what could have been.

I could hear my father calling my name so I looked up slowly.

He was about to speak when a loud banging sounded from the door.

I turned, seeing Vivian slapping her hands on the glass sliding door that led to the porch.

I was sick and tired of having to deal with people pushing me around. She's tried to hurt me and even kill me, I'm done with her and I certainly wasn't in the mood to deal with her shit. She needed to learn her place because clearly she was not understanding my patience from before.

I stood up, opening the sliding door and pushing her out to the space on the porch.

"You want Kieran right? The only way you'll have him is by killing me, so come do it." I growled out.

She stood still, watching me quietly.

"Come do it, now is your fucking chance, come and get me!" I said.

I watched as a look of pure unadulterated hate etched itself onto Vivian's face as she pulled a knife out and began walking towards me, revealing her true intentions.

I shifted in the blink of an eye, knocking the blade away from her as I lunged, pinning her against the ground as I growled in her face. She struggled and I struck her across the face, the force of my blow knocking her head against the wood of the porch and I could see the impact of my blow as she blinked below me and she whined in pain.

She was terrified, closing her eyes as she thought I was going to kill her, but I wasn't. I was so tired of death.

I shifted human, looking down at her.

"Whether you like it or not, I am your Luna and you will respect my relationship and you will respect me and this family. This is the only chance I will give you, Vivian. I am so tired of disrespect and all this hate you harbor. I will not stand for it any longer. I know we will never be friends, but you are my pack member and it is my duty to take care of my people, but the next time you act out of line will be your last in this pack." I said standing up, holding my hand out to her.

She took it slowly, bowing her head in respect to me.

"Yes, Luna." She said nodding and silently walked away in a hurry.

I sighed out, not even caring about my nakedness as I walked back up the porch slowly.

Kieran placed a towel around me.

I walked inside past everyone's stunned faces.

I felt a low burn in my abdomen bloom as I put on a long shirt.

Kieran's scent suddenly became a lot more appealing and the thought of him had me unsettled.

I knew he caught my scent change because he walked in quietly, eyes dark as he breathed in my scent.

Kieran walked up to me, his breath fanning over my neck as he grew closer, wrapping his arms around me knowingly.

I desperately wanted the feel of his lips on mine, but his lips had yet to find mine.

"She made an attempt on your life and you let her live. Why?" Kieran asked.

"There's been enough death. We need to celebrate the life around us, I'm tired of dwelling on the negative. I am your Luna, Kieran, I will carry myself as one. We lost something, but we have an opportunity to try again...if you wish to." I said quietly.

"Are you asking me if I wish you to carry my pup?" He asked, eyes seeking mine.

"I think there's a time for everything, Kieran and I think it's time we brought some light into this world that only knows darkness. That is if you are ready to try again." I said. I knew it was fast, but I also knew what I wanted.

He smiled widely, gripping my cheeks between his hands and kissed me softly.

"Charlotte, I would love nothing more for you to be the mother of my pups. I only pray our pup inherits your ways, because it will be the sweetest and most beautiful pup in existence." He said smiling.

"I say we just continue as we have been and if it's meant to be, it'll happen." I said smiling at him. I didn't want to add any pressure to the situation. If it was meant to it would happen for us.

In response he pressed his lips to mine, showing his answer.