2|| Percy

Percy fought to keep his expression neutral as he faced Chiron on the porch of the Big House. It didn't work. He scowled.

Chiron nervously swished his tail. "I understand—"

"Do you really, Chiron? If you did you wouldn't make us go on this quest," snapped Thalia. "We literally just finished saving the world a month ago. Can't we have some peace with no quests for like, a few centuries or so?"

Chiron sighed as the air crackled with electricity. "It is not my choice, Thalia Grace," he said. "I'm simply the messenger. This quest was assigned by Lady Hecate herself, as the spirit of Delphi is still extinguished. Let me explain. Hecate asked me of assistance with the world of magic. Eons ago, she blessed a group of mortals with the gift of sorcery. Four of the most gifted mortals created a school for the magical children borne to the witches and wizards. Recently—"

"Wait, wait, wait, what? Witches and wizards? Like from the Wizard of Oz?" interrupted Percy. "What else, can we ride a rainbow to Thor?"

Chiron muttered something incoherently, but he was drowned out by Annabeth, Thalia, and Nico.

"Of course there are wizards, Seaweed Brain! Is it so hard to believe? They're all over the books in the Athena cabin's library!"

"But not all of us read," Percy protested.

"Yeah, I didn't know there were books about the wizards," Thalia said.

"See?" Percy gestured to Thalia.

"But I know a few of them. There were a few hunters that were witches. Like Mandy, this one 14 year old— she's really good at starting fires— and Bella, but she died in the second titan war, and then—"

"Okay, okay, I get it. Sounds like a girl thing," Percy said brightly, putting his arm around Nico's shoulders.

Nico slapped his arm away. "Don't be ridiculous. I've heard of wizards before. They're really annoying to Thanatos because they keep escaping the Underworld and coming back as ghosts. Of course Hecate's blessing helps with that, but still. It's not fun doing the paperwork."

Percy pouted.

Chiron cleared his throat. "For the sake of time and ADHD, I will try and summarize it for you. There was a Dark wizard named Voldemort who tried to kill the Potter family. He only managed to kill the mother and father before trying to kill their child, Harry Potter. Somehow, the curse backfired. Harry survived, but the curse rebounded and hit Voldemort instead. Bits of Voldemort's soul survived, but his body was completely annihilated. Now, Hecate will bring you back to when Harry was eleven, when Voldemort had gained enough strength to attack him again. At the time, Harry was attending the school for witchcraft and wizardry. Your job is to protect him until the given time."

"Huh?" Was Thalia's intelligent response.

"Evil wizard tried to kill baby, baby live, wizard don't. Baby grew up now and wizard will try to kill him again. We protect grown-up-baby," Annabeth said slowly, like she was talking to toddlers.

"Ooh."

"Quick question." Nico interrupted Chiron. "You said he was eleven. I'm fourteen. Or eighty four, whichever way you want to look at it, which I try not to."

"Yes, Lady Hecate will alter your appearance so that you look their age until the quest is over. Did I mention it might take, oh, ten years or so?"

Immediately, as expected, the demigods burst into protest. Chiron put his hand up to silence them (which was difficult as Thalia's eyes had begun to shoot sparks again and the room grew considerably darker).