001

"Let her go! You can do whatever you want to me, but p-please just let her go!"

Or I could just kill you both and continue on with my life, I thought as I dug my fingers deeper into the girl's arms. I could see a little puff of frost with each cold breath of air she exhaled. She was tiny and frail, easy enough for me to hold down with one hand. She wouldn't be a challenge of course, but her whiny little boy toy over there was a different story. If only he would shut the fuck up for two seconds and stop trying to negotiate with me.

Her tears reflected in the moonlight as she squirmed to break free from my snug grasp. She proved her defenselessness, flinching as I leaned in towards her ear, "I like blondes," I whispered as I traced my pierced tongue down her neck, and proceeded to sink my teeth into her soft flesh. Her body tensed and I paused for a minute to lick the blood from my upper lip. My piercing eyes met her panicking dark ones. She opened her mouth to say something but before she could, I brushed the hair out of her color drained face and immediately continued to draw the life out of her tender neck.

The noise she made was almost inhuman. She was kicking and flailing as I finished sucking the warm liquid from her body. her lack of stillness was seriously getting to the point of unbearable annoyance so I grabbed her head tightly in my hands, and twisted until I heard a satisfying crack. She took her last breath, and I dropped her lifeless body to the cold, wet ground. I turned around, and before I could process anything, my face was met with a splintering 4x4. I felt a flash of warmth that ran through my frigid body. I looked up to the man that I had almost completely forgotten about. He dropped the wood and began to run frantically down the street, shouting for help. I let out an annoyed sigh "what a dipshit" I smirked to myself. He was only making it more fun for me.

I let him run, he wasn't going to get far. I quickly ascended to the top of a nearby building following swiftly and quietly, making sure my presence was unknown. He ran about four blocks, then looked behind him to see if I was still there. Relief washed onto his face as he began to realized that he wasn't being followed by the monster that had consumed his lovers life. I mean, so he thought. I took the opportunity to jump down and surprise him. With wide eyes, he turned his head.

"D'aw did I scare yah?" I said as my fist impacted his cheekbone, knocking him to the ground. "You're like, deff not getting laid tonight man, I don't think it went very well."

"F-fuck you." He went to get up, and before he could make it to his feet I hit him with extreme force, killing him almost instantly. I walked away laughing at the fact that they'd never figure out who, or what committed such a horrendous crime.

I looked down at my grey sweatshirt, noticing all the blood spattered across it. I let out a sigh and cut left, bringing myself to the pier. I unzipped the hoodie and threw it in to the lapping water. I watched it quickly absorb and sink slowly to the bottom. That was my favorite sweatshirt. I looked down at my now revealed, sculpted arms. I was damn proud of the ink covering the right, everything had a meaning, it told a story. My story.

I started to come down from my blood high, and popped my last cigarette in my mouth. Whether it be for food, or sheer enjoyment, the way I felt after a hunt was indescribable. A lot of my kind didn't get that feeling, they felt guilty, which is why some switched to animal blood. That was a last resort to me. I needed to kill, it wasn't just for nutrition. I physically craved the way it made me feel. Just thinking about the screams and begs for mercy gave me a thrill. I wasn't always this fucked up, I swear.

I started towards home, but first stopped at a nearby 7-eleven to pick up a new pack of smokes and a blue raspberry Slurpee. After walking passed a few closed down shops, I stopped to stare at myself. Man, did I look like shit. Just kidding, I was gorgeous, even though my choppy black hair was a wreck and I looked like I hadn't slept in about six years. I had a bone structure most people only dreamed about and my skin looked like porcelain with no imperfections, besides the bags and light subtle smudges of week old eyeliner under my pale, grey, bloodshot eyes . My mouth was pursed in a straight line with two black rings wrapped around each side of my bottom lip. I was dark and intimidating, to be honest, but I didn't care. That's how I liked it.

I continued to walk as the sun started to peek out from behind the trees, lighting the cloak of grey fog that hugged the ground and I was glad to be home just in time. I walked around back and entered the damp basement which always seemed like it had a faint smell of mildew accompanying it. The door creaked as I entered the living room on the main floor, where I was met with one of my roommates, Sierra. She was casually sitting on the couch, petting one of our five cats.

"You were out late...do anything special?" She asked with a smirk.

I licked my lip and bit one of my piercings before I gave her a crooked smirk. I could tell she had a crush on me which was surprising since word around the house was that I was a major fuckboy but naturally, I didn't give two fucks and I'm sure she didn't either. I didn't really mind Sierra, she was cute. She had the most enchanting cocoa skin that I'd ever seen, her glassy copper eyes complimented it beautifully.

She looked up at me with a smile and sang, "I've got a little surprise for yoooou."

Before I could say anything, she handed me a small blue pill with a ghost imprinted on it. I felt myself grin with excitement, revealing a little bit of my pearly fangs. She knew how to get on my good side.

I popped the pill in my mouth and swallowed it proudly. I grabbed Sierra's wrist and led her down the hall to my dark room. She giggled softly as I opened the door and pushed her down on my messy, unmade bed that reeked of my cologne. I crawled on top of her and started kissing her neck. Breathing heavily, I reached her ear and cooed softly. I felt her shiver with anticipation as I unzipped and removed her sweatshirt. I sunk my teeth in to her neck, and she gasped. I let out a small laugh and moved up to her face, cupping it in my cold hands while I pressed my cold lips against hers. Hooking up with Sierra didn't mean a thing to me. There was no spark, no "butterflies" or, whatever. I'd never have that intense flutter of pleasureful feelings again, I'm sure. Then again, I had just casually kill two people, what did one expect when they did something so detached. I was cold and bitter as shit and, I'd gotten used to it over the years.

We made out for some amount of time, maybe 20 minutes before I realized the X wasn't kicking in. I was looking forward to that and now I was pissed. Like, incredibly pissed, but I had to control myself. I pulled away from Sierra suddenly. I looked her dead in the eyes and scoffed as I rolled over on my back.

"Kaine? Helloooo? Um what the fuck?" She tried to pull me towards her, but I resisted.

I pulled my black cotton sheets over my head, and tried to drown out her high pitch whining.

"I'm going to sleep, goodnight" I snapped.

"You're kidding right?" she growled "I thought-"

I immediately cut her off, "Can you bring Salem in before you leave, I need a cuddle buddy, one that won't disappoint me." I wasn't looking at her, but I could only imagine the look she was giving me. I grabbed a pillow and put it over my face to drown out the cursing. I heard her mumble something along the lines of, "go fuck yourself" before the door finally shut. I soon faded in to a deep sleep. I was not looking forward to tomorrow.

//A/N: Thanks for taking the time to read our story! Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think!!! The picture at the top is Kaine. Xoxo