013

I tried to comprehend everything that had happened in the last twenty minutes. I didn't know if I should be upset or angry. All I knew was a fire was growing inside of me, and I needed to extinguish it before I did something else I'd regret.

I stumbled out of my room, and made my way to our understocked liquor cabinet. Bottles clanked together as I rummaged for something, anything that would make me forget what just happened.

I settled on a bottle of fireball, and immediately took a swig. The whiskey burned as it made its way down my throat. I could feel my memories start to fade as I stood there contemplating every decision I'd made in the last 24 hours.

A soft hand touched my shoulder, "Sierra, please-"

"It's me," a soft voice spoke, "this isn't the way you should be handling this, y'know?"

I took another sip, "Rach, stop. It's none of your business."

Her hand lowered, "It's all of our business, actually. We care about you, Kaine. We don't want this to turn into a big ordeal."

"Oh no worries. No, everything's fine...Just peachy. No ordeal at all," I was rambling now, "So don't worry about it becoming a problem. You and everybody else can go fuck off with your lives and leave me alone."

Like I gave a shit what anyone had to say to me . I pushed past her, bottle in hand, and stumbled in the direction of my room, taking several sips on the way.

So many things were on my mind that I completely forgot I was still wearing Alex's hoodie. I snagged a bunch of the fabric and brought it to my nose. It smelt strongly of his natural scent and it sent a sharp tear through my chest. I swiftly it and threw it down next to my bed.

Bzzt bzzt

Ugh fuck, that was the third time my phone had gone off within the past 20 minutes. I didn't want to see anymore of what Alex had to say, I didn't even want to think about him. I couldn't trust myself. I sighed, picked up my phone and tossed it to the other side of my queen sized bed. I flopped onto my side and stared at the band posters that littered my walls. I needed to forget about Alex. I couldn't put his life in danger anymore.

I was starting to get tipsy, but that wasn't enough. I just wanted to forget about my life at this point. I wasn't just being dramatic, I actually wanted to die.

_______________________________________________________

I didn't remember passing out, but I woke up sometime around 7 to someone pounding on my door.

My head was killing me, so I decided to do the only logical thing: drink more.

"Ugh, stop fucking banging on my door," I stumbled over, opening the door an inch to find Rachel staring up at me, "Go away."

She pushed her way through the door, almost knocking me over in the process, "Dude, you need to chill out. This is getting so fucking lame."

I went to take another sip, but before I could she ripped the bottle out of my hand.

"Uhh..the fuck? Get the hell out of my room. I give zero shits to do this right now."

She slammed the door shut, "Would you listen to me for five minutes? I'm trying to help you."

"I don't need your help. I'm just going to dig myself into a deeper hole of depression, and live the rest of my endless life wallowing in self pity. Now, give that back," I grabbed the bottle back and took another sip.

She rolled her eyes, "Oh, would you stop being so fucking dramatic. You've known this kid for like two weeks."

"Did you come in here to make me feel worse? If so, please fucking leave."