015

Blood. Everywhere.

I looked down at my hands that were covered in crimson, "What the-"

"Kaine!"

That voice. Alex.

"Alex! What the fuck is going on?"

I turned around to face him. He was about ten feet away with blood dripping from his neck.

He started walking towards me and I noticed something was off. He was unusually pale and his lips were blue.

"Alex- what happened? Are you okay?"

He looked down, "I did this for us."

I grabbed him by the shoulders, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

He flashed me a smile. Two fangs stuck out where his canines used to be.

"I wanted to be with you."

"Alex, I don't under-"

"This was the only way. Now we can be together. Forever."

Before I could say anything else he pulled me in to him, crashing his lips into mine.

His lips were ice cold, but he tasted just as good as I remember. I didn't want to stop. but he pulled away, "I - I love you, Kaine."

_______________________________________________________________________

I jolted up, sweat dripping from my forehead.

"Fuck!" I gasped, breathing heavily, examining my clammy palms.

This was the third time I've had that dream.

Nightmare?

I wasn't too sure.

"Kaine!" Lilith hovered over me with a deeply concerned look on her face, "are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I shoved her out of my way and sat up, "can you get the fuck out of my face?"

"What's your fucking problem?"

I grunted, "I don't need you screaming in my face the second I wake up."

"I'll be ready in a few minutes! You better be ready when I come out. Put a shirt on."

"Kay." I yelled lazily in the direction of the bathroom, keeping my eyes glued to the window.

Suddenly, a gentle buzz came from the dresser. My eyes scanned the dark wood and landing on the lit up device. I stood up, nonchalantly peeking at Lilith's phone. She hated it when I touched her stuff, especially her phone. My eyes quickly scanned over the words on the phone that read 'New imessage from: Steele'.

Steele? I pondered for a second. Who the hell?

My eyes shot open, "Steele!"

I knew that last name. How could I forget it. David Steele was that stupid mother fucker that I thought I killed. I knew something was weird with that kid, I didn't get to sort it out before I vanished back into this hellhole life with Satan's daughter. This all has something to do with Lilith, why else would would he be texting her?

Lilith popped her head out of the bathroom once more, "Did you say something?"

I quickly slid the phone into my back pocket and quickly took off my shirt, " I gotta use the bathroom."