005

Nine-thirty came quick. I met Alex outside of his job, where he was locking up the doors.

His face lit up and he smiled instantly when he saw me. He was really something, my god... "Damn, you actually waited. It's late already, I thought for sure you'd ditch."

I let out an awkward, faint laugh, "Yeah, well I'd look like a real dick if i just bailed on you."

He seemed to be catching my eyes more and more with each passing minute I spent around him. From his soft voice to his to his shy, introvert composure. I hated to admit it but he was attractive. This was the first time in decades that I've felt excitement like this without needing to kill someone, or fuck someone. Even a good lay couldn't begin to compare to this though, and I wanted more.

Alex turned and tugged on the door to make sure it was locked. His chains that hung off his black skinny jeans clanged together as he made his way towards me, "So, uh where are we gonna go?

"Let's go to that park. You know, the one by the huge lake?"

He looked at me for a moment with his brilliant green eyes which began to narrow in worry, "It's late though, it's like almost 11...It's dark."

I could sense the fear in his voice. Was he really afraid of the dark?

"Aw, is wittle Alex scared of the dark?" I taunted, hoping he wouldn't notice how hard I was trying not to make anything awkward.

"No- it's just that it's cold...and what if it's y'know, closed?"

I actually laughed, "Okay, good thing the park doesn't close you dweeb. Here, I'll give you my jacket if you're cold, I owe you anyway."

He stopped walking as we got to the main exit. I walked in front of him and held the door for a few seconds before letting it shut. "What's wrong?" I questioned, walking back into the mall.

He looked at me before opening his mouth "You're...not going to kill me right? I know everything was on the news today but I swear I didn't say anything to anyone if that's what your worried about. I pinky promise, okay." He held out his pinky.

"W-what?" I was slightly disheartened with his assumptions. I mean, here I was putting myself out there, acting like a complete loser, acting probably the most respectful I've acted towards a human in god knows how long and he still thought I was going to kill him? Geez. Maybe it was me he was scared of after all, and not the dark.

"I'm not going to kill you. If I wanted to kill you, I would have saved myself the trouble and ended your life right there and then with the rest of those little fuck heads." I shot with annoyance in my voice as he flinched.

"I'm sorry. I know, I'm sorry" He said quickly, "I'm not really good at this whole hanging out thing. I have a couple of friends and that's it really. I'm the weirdo around here."

I stepped closer to him and looked down into his eyes "You're not a weirdo."

I watched the words sink in as he took in his surroundings, frantically, looking everywhere but my sharp, grey eyes. I caught his gaze land on my lips for what must have been a half of a second, and thoughts ran wild in my mind. He flinched as I swiftly moved my hand towards his and locked our pinkies together.

"Everything will be alright, okay?" I promised, as he stared at our entwined fingers.

I quickly took my hand, which obviously had a mind of its own, and stuffed it my pocket. He shook his head in dazed agreement, as I turned to open the door with my free hand. I gave him a playful 'after you' motion and watched him reluctantly walk out of the mall, arranging his bangs so that his eyes were no longer completely visible.