007

What the fuck was wrong with me? Why was this kid affecting me so much?

I walked the dark streets while thousands of thoughts raced through my head. Every single one of them about Alex. I was still in awe at how I had acted during the encounter with David. I'm one to fuck around, but kissing Alex like that was still confusing to me. And believe me, getting confused over my feelings or actions is not something that happens frequently.

I knew I shouldn't be getting that involved in his life, honestly. If anyone of my kind found out what I was doing, what I had just done, I'd be a goner for sure. Not to mention Alex would most certainly be killed. The last one of us to have any kind of a relationship with a human was gone in a minute. Trust me when I tell you it's bad news.

The walk back home seemed a hell of a lot shorter than it actually was, probably because I was so caught up in my thoughts. Luckily, no one seemed to be awake at the house, which meant no more harassment about what happened the other night. Go me.

I made my way to my room, Salem, trotting behind me. On my bed was a tiny box, neatly wrapped in pink, glittery wrapping paper with a small note set aside it. I reached for the folded up note first and made my way over to the moonlit window so that the small, neatly written words were clearly visible. I skipped to the very bottom of the page where it read: Love, Sierra. I rolled my eyes and began skimming through the letter from the top.

I finished the drawn out letter and opened up the gift that went with it. I was not surprised to find two chalky looking pills. I startled out of my thoughts as Salem meowed at me from the floor.

"What are you looking at, huh Salem?"

The soft hum of the bathroom fan echoed in my ears as I stared at the small pink apologies in my hand. For once I contemplated taking them, this was a first in a while where I wasn't jumping at the chance to get fucked up. I glanced at the mirror, studying the very lips that had been on top of Alex's only a little over an hour ago. This...isn't good. I grimaced at the mirror, "Stop." I watched my reflection for a moment and looked back at my hand that cradled the drugs. I shut my eyes, tasting the bitterness of the pills as they hit the back of my throat.

I stripped my now rustled shirt off, followed by my jeans. Turning the cool silver handle, I stepped into the hot streams of water. These pills, yet again were failing to take whatever edge I had off of me. I can't say I'm surprised. Fucking Sierra man, what the fuck. Where did she keep getting this stepped on shit from? I'll have to tell her to f-

Suddenly, thoughts of Alex came rushing in, and when I say rushing in, I mean like...really rushing in. Everything from the earlier events that took place, to the electric kiss we shared. Thoughts of the things that kiss could have lead to if David wasn't there. My eyes snapped open and I starred at my little... problem that was beginning to become very prominent. I clenched my jaw tight. I soon found that with each passing second, keeping my thoughts straight was proving to be unusually strenuous.

I nearly fell as I rushed for my neatly folded towel. Where oh where had the smooth, poised Kaine gone off to I wondered. I chuckled to myself quietly as I struggled to tie the black towel around my slim hips, eyeing my ever-growing annoyance. Wait, why was I laughing? This shit wasn't funny, not in the slightest. This, whatever it was the Sierra had gifted me, wasn't making me feel any better, Actually if anything, it was making things worse.

I watched my arm reach for the door but stopped to eye the clear water droplets travel down the different hues of ink that covered my arm. I shook my head out of my intrigued state and opened the door. Cautiously, I began walking in the direction of my room. My footsteps reverberated in my ears with every step I took on the hardwood floor. I just wanted to lay the fuck down honestly. I opened the door to my bedroom and noticed a dark figure sitting on the edge of my messy bed.