{Chapter 18}

-_-_-_-_-_-
-Katelyn-

"Katelyn dear I hear you where at the hospital, what happened?" Asked my father with a worried tone as I walk inside the kitchen.

I explain to him everything they said, and that I will be fine. Though honestly I, myself aren't sure if I will be fine.

"Well if your going to be fine then that's all that matters right?" His voice trembles.

I nod a little as I look down onto the floor.

"Katelyn... You will be fine. Your a brave girl!"

I look up and see my father smiling weakly at me.

I smile back.

I start to head upstairs when I notice that my phone has 4 new notifications. All from Travis.

Katelyn, what did they say?

Are you going to be ok?

Is it the same thing as Chirs's sickness?

Katelyn?!

I sigh, why does he care so much about me?

Maybe it's better off if he thinks I am fine, because I don't want to worry him more then I he has to already.

He has always been there for me, comforting me, giving me amazing advice maybe I should solve this problem myself for once. It isn't good always counting on someone right?

I stare at my phone that is still indicating my new notifications and take a deep breath.

I am fine! They said that its just some minor throat problem that will go away soon.

My finger hovers over the send button.

Do I really want to do this?

With out debating it with myself any longer I tap the send button.

Do I really want to lie to you?

The delivered button appears on the screen, as I turn my phone off leaving it in pure darkness.

I'm sorry,

Travis.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

-Travis-

I heard a soft buzz across my room. My phone.

I scramble off my bed and see that Katelyn send me a new message.

"I will be fine! They said that its just a minor that problem that will go away soon."

A smile grows onto my lips. Thank goodness.

I swear if anything bad happened to Katelyn, it would be the end for me.

I just care about her that much.

Because I...

I love her.

More then anything.

But I doubt she feels about me the same after all that has happened in her life. I feel like love would be the last thing on her mind.

I get ready to go back to my bed to finish the homework I had when my phone rings.

I glance at who could possible be calling me at 9:00 pm when I notice it's my dad's friend.

Fury goes over me as I stare at the phone.