2: Pretty in Pink

Kita entered the room and instantly dropped her bags, trotting over to me to wait for the good news. I smirked to myself, finally turning around and holding the long, once-white garment in front of me proudly as I presented it to my roommate. “So, is it pink enough?”

            “Oh, y’ bet it is!” She snatched it up, tossing it onto her bag and then looking back at me with wild eyes. “C’mon, follow me! Boy, I can’t wait t’ see th’ look on ‘is face!”

            I wanted to tell myself that I had no idea where this crazy lady was taking me, but deep down inside I had a very slight idea. I mean, I trusted her. And that was all that really mattered. Manami had gone off to help Szayel- again- so she wasn’t around to put up with Kita.

            Lucky her.

            She must have thought I wasn’t moving fast enough, because she grabbed my wrist and literally dragged me along the halls of Las Noches. We sped through hallway after hallway until she stopped, finally, at a tall stone door. It seemed pretty familiar. “…Kita, isn’t this…”

            She cleared her throat as if to cut me off, her eyes and face carrying this eerily mischievous aura. It was scary, but not nearly as scary as some of the other things she’d done. She took a deep breath, her chest puffing out proudly as she knocked on the door loudly and frantically. “Sir! Grimmjow, are ya there?! Grimmjow? Sir?!” She exclaimed quite loudly at the closed door.

            “The hell are you doing here, runt?!”

            “Jus’ open the door! I’ve got a su’prise!”

            It slid open quickly and forcefully, and I jumped a bit. My initial instinct was to bring my hands up over my face, seeing as whenever I was forced to go and retrieve my master Nnoitora from his room he’s fly out of the room and start beating the shit out of me. So, I was slightly surprised to see that the Sexta Espada wasn’t going to do that.

            But, then again, only Nnoitora ever tried to do that.

            The Sexta Espada sighed, annoyed, glaring at Kita. “What?” He questioned her bluntly, blinking.

            “Look! Look wha’ I got!” She dropped her bag on the floor and unzipped it, looking up at me. Her eyes were enough for me to understand what she was getting at. “Look at what Aya did!”

            “Um, Nnoitora’s clothing. About as pink and pink gets. Even Sir Szayel’s mixture could not get these clothes any more pink.” I bowed ever so slightly, my black hair covering my eyes.

            My eyes widened like marbles when the Sexta Espada started to literally howl with laughter. He was laughing so hard I swore he was going to cry. He was in hysterics, one of his hands against the arch of his doorway as he leaned against it, unable to support himself he was laughing so hard. He tried to stop himself and was almost successful, until he grabbed the garment and looked at it. He continued with his crazy hysterics. I had never seen an Espada so happy in my life.