Chapter 3

"Sire!" Leon yelled as he ran down the hall to a frustrated prince.

"What is it Sir Leon? Where is Merlin?" Arthur asked as he approached the breathless Knight.

"Merlin- is- gone." He said in between breaths.

"Gone!" Arthur shrieked. "What do you mean 'gone.'"

"They took him sire, there was a broken jar near his bed, they enchanted him then kidnapped him." Leon explained with remorse.

'Gone?' Arthur thought to himself. 'Merlin's gone? My Idiotic, happy, self sacrificing manservant is just... Gone? Kidnapped? Taken from me? No, these sorcerers won't get away with it, I will get him back.'

Leon watched as the Prince's face changed from despair to determination. That was never a good sign. Arthur briskly walked past the knight.

"Sire! May I ask where you are going?"

Without turning around, Arthur replied. "To report it to my father."

"Arthur!" Sir Leon yelled as he ran to catch up with his captain. "Is it really such a good idea? Your father could care less about a servant."

Arthur just glared at his friend. "You don't think I already know that?"

"If you don't mind me asking... why are you reporting this to him?"

"Well, I can't just send out Knights to search for Merlin, because as you clearly already know my father would never do such a thing for a servant. However, there is something that my father would send out a whole army for if he wanted to."

Leon's eye widened in recognition, while Arthur just grinned and nodded.

"Magic."

"Exactly, and then we will all get what we want in the end. My father will get a few more sorcerers and I will get back Merlin."

If only he knew it wasn't that easy.

———————————————————————

"Arthur."

"Hello father."

"I have heard about Intruders that have entered our citadel, have they stolen anything?"

"Yes." Arthur replied nervously.

Uther's fingers dug into the arm rests on each side of his throne chair, turning his skin a bright white.

"What did they take?"

"My manservant." Arthur responded.

Uther tried desperately to hide the smile that was forming on his lips. When he asked his son if they stole anything he didn't really expect him to say that.
"They took your manservant? Marvin?"

Arthur scowled, and his father raised his eyebrows.

"His name... Is Merlin." Arthur replied with gritted teeth.

"Watch your tone with me young man I am your King." He glared at his son.

"My apologizes your highness."

When his son apologized for getting upset over a clumsy, useless, servant, Uther nodded once in acknowledgment.

"Why would anyone want to kidnap that... Boy!" The King bellowed.

"Information maybe?"

Uther slumped back in an unkingly like manner. "That's right." He uttered in astonishment. "He's constantly with you and at our meetings so it's only logical that they would take him. A weak servant boy who would spill all our secrets with just a twist of his wrist."